In 1944, President Weston Joseph McConnell initiated the process of reorganizing North Texas Teachers College (now the University of North Texas). On November 23, 1945, the Board of Regents approved the actions called for in a report by a central committee. The plan called for dropping the word “Teachers” from the school name. It also proposed the creation of the College of Arts and Sciences, as well as the School of Music, the School of Business, the School of Education, the School of Home Economics, and the Graduate School. The College of Arts and Sciences was divided into three divisions: science, humanities, and social sciences.