Maynard Ferguson, circa 1950-2006 | Music Library
By Maristella Feustle
|Title:||Maynard Ferguson, circa 1950-2006|
|Primary Creator:||Ferguson, Maynard|
|Arrangement:||Organized into six series: (1) Arrangements used by Ferguson and bands; (2) Oversized arrangements and scores; (3) Published arrangements; (4) Thai and Indian music; (5) Miscellaneous and uncategorized; and (6) Edward Etkins scores.|
|Date Acquired:||00/00/2008. More info below under Accruals.|
|Forms of Material:||Jazz|
Browse by Series:
- [Series 01: Arrangements used by Ferguson and bands],
- [Series 02: Oversized arrangements and scores],
- [Series 03: Published arrangements],
- [Series 04: Thai and Indian music],
- [Series 05: Miscellaneous and uncategorized],
- [Series 06: Edward Etkins scores and transcriptions],
- [Series 07: July 2014 accrual],
- [Series 08: June 2015 accrual]
- Series 05: Miscellaneous and uncategorized
- Box 143
- Barcode 705913.
- Box 144
- Barcode 705914.
- Item 1: Belwin 21st Century Band Method: Bassoon
- Item 2: The Bottom Line Presents
- Fake book: songs by various performers at the Bottom Line, New York City
- Item 3: The Erroll Garner Songbook
- Fake book
- Item 4: Hal Leonard Instrumental Catalog
- Item 5: Harry James' Carnival of Venice
- Published sheet music
- Item 6: Harry James' Concerto for Trumpet
- Published sheet music
- Item 7: The Jazz Styles of Maynard Ferguson
- Item 8: Music Minus Maynard: Big Bop Nouveau (w/ cassette)
- Instructional, 2 copies
- Item 9: Music Minus Maynard: High Voltage (w/ cassette)
- Item 10: Ted Silar, original compositions w/ cover letter
- Item 11: Sierra Music Publications: 1992-1993
- "Jazz band music," Volume 17, No. 1
- Item 12: Sierra Music Publications: 1997-98 catalog
- 2 copies
- Item 13: Suomalaisen Musiikin Tiedotuskeskus: 1988 catalog, big band
- From Finland
- Item 14: A Synergistic Approach to Advanced Trumpet Development
- Instructional, 2 copies for review
- Item 15: This Is The Ultimate Fake Book, Vol. 1
- 2 copies
- Item 16: Urso, Joe: The Upper Register
- Item 17: "Copies of India charts from Kent Martin"
- Published arrangements of jazz standards and other well known tunes performed on tour. Contents include:
- Item 18: Jazz Zeitung, October 1991 issue (Vol. 16, No. 10)
- Published in Munich. Cover story: "Wynton Marsalis: Klassiker, Bopper oder Oldtimer?"
- Item 19: Peter Herbolzheimer RC & B Live in Concert / 20 Jahre / Stadtgarten Köln
- LP record, Koala/Fatman label
- Box 145
- Barcode 707195.
- Item 1: Biographical timeline and genealogy of John Henry McLaughlin (California, also with Roemer family)
- Family tree mentions Clinton Roemer, b. 1921: quite likely the copyist who is also featured prominently in the Stan Kenton Collection.
- Item 2: Copies of parts from other bands
Some from Dick Shearer, primarily from Stan Kenton's ensembles. Contents:
Artistry in Rhythm, tpt. 1 Jump for Joe (book no. 502), Shearer Orchestra, arr. Dale DeVoe. Tpts. 1, 5 A Little Minor Booze (48), tpts 1, 2 O Canada (505), tpt. 4 Send in the Clowns ("6" crossed out, 3), tpt. 2, baritone horn
- Item 3: Correspondence
- Item 4: Lead sheets and single-sheet items
- Three envelopes.
- Item 5: Newspaper clippings
- Item 6: Promotional materials
- Item 7: Rosters, tour logistics, itineraries
- Item 8: Set lists and solo orders
- Item 9: Statements about library contents, beginning in early 1980s
- 1 of 3 envelopes: large lists.
- Item 10: Statements about library contents, beginning in early 1980s
- 2 of 3 envelopes. Receipts.
- Item 11: Statements about library contents, beginning in early 1980s
- 3 of 3 envelopes. Other.
- Item 12: Unidentified parts, instrument identifiable
- 16 envelopes and folders.
- Item 13: Unidentified parts, instrument not identifiable
- 4 envelopes.
- Item 14: Sketches
- 2 envelopes.