Fred R. Cobb Papers, 1954-1975 | University Archives
By Perri Hamilton
|Title:||Fred R. Cobb Papers, 1954-1975|
|Primary Creator:||Fred Rayzor Cobb (1899 - 1954)|
|Arrangement:||The collection arranged in 2 boxes. The first box contain three folders with the contents divided by type of material and subject. The second box holds the photograph.|
Browse by Box:
- Box 457: Fred R. Cobb Papers, 1954 - 1975
- Papers of the Fred Rayzor Cobb family concerning Fred Cobb's career as a golf coach at the University of North Texas. The papers include: clippings, a letter, obituaries, and a photograph.
- Bar Code: 2730
- Folder 1: Cobb Photography, Memorial, Letter of Condolence, 1954
- This box holds a letter of condolence to Mrs. Cobb from George C. Griffin fo the Georgia Institiute of Technology and a Resolution from the Gulf Coast Conference that was made at the time of Coach Cobb's death. The photograph has been removed and placed in a print box that is marked with this box's number 457.
- Papers: 2
- Folder 2: Obituaries, 1954, 1964
- This folder holds a collection of obituaries for Fred R. Cobb and one football program from 1964 - 1965.
- Clippings pages: 10
- Publication: 1
- Folder 3: Cobb Newspaper Clippings, 1966, 1975
- The clippings concern Fred Cobb's being inducted into the All-American Hall of Fame in 1975 and his impact on the game of golf through his players (1966).
- Clipping sheets: 4
- Box 457 - 603: Print Box, no date
- NOTE: This box contains photographs from the Fred R. Cobb Papers, the Paul Eggers Gubernatorial Campaign Records and the Russell-Newman Manufacturing Company Records. This box is housed in the Special Collections Department in the Willis Library and it is shelved in flat storage under the Fred R. Cobb Papers with a Collection Number of UG.3.
- Barcode: 706519