Warren Jenson Collection, 1943,2000 | Manuscripts
|Title:||Warren Jenson Collection, 1943,2000|
|Arrangement:||The collection is arranged chronologically.|
Browse by Box:
- Box 2
- Box 2 of the Warren Jenson collection.
- Barcode: 7081
- Subject/Index Terms:
- World War II
- Item 1: American Memorials and Overseas Military Cemeteries, 1970
- This publication features American Memorials and Overseas Military Cemeteries. It was published by the American Battle Monuments Commission in 1970. It includes an overview of the American Battle Monuments Commission, WWI and WWII cemeteries, instructions to visitors, and instructions of how to decorate graves. Each military cemetery or memorial is detailed in terms of location and of battle significance. A map is included of the cemeteries and memorials of the WWII European theater. It includes handwritten notes.
- Item 2: "Guarding Memories," The Times-Picayune, Sunday, June 4, 2000
- Item 3: "New Orleans at War," The Times-Picayune, Sunday, June 4, 2000
- Item 4: "Their Glory Never Fades," The Times-Picayune, Sunday, June 4, 2000
- Item 5: The Times-Picayune, Monday, June 5, 2000
- City edition of the Times-Picayune which details the memoirs of WWII veterans. This section is dedicated to counting down to the opening of the D-Day Museum in New Orleans.
- Item 6: The Stars and Stripes, June 5-18, 2000
- This publication is dedicated to WWII vetrans and honors the memories of D-Day, those who fell and those who still stand, with a feature story. Item is volume 123, no. 13 of this publication.
- Item 7: "Setting Things Straight," The Times-Picayune, Tuesday, June 6, 2000
- Item 8: The Times-Picayune, Wednesday, June 7, 2000
- City Edition of the Times-Picayune honors the 56th Anniversary of D-Day. This entire section is dedicated to covering the opening of the D-Day Museum in New Orleans and the events which occurred during the opening of the museum.