J.J. Barlow Papers, 1964-1966 | University Archives
By Ashley Rankin
|Title:||J.J. Barlow Papers, 1964-1966|
|Primary Creator:||Barlow, J. J., Jr. (1927 - 2013)|
|Arrangement:||This collection is arranged by material type and size. Box one contains labeled folders while Box 2 is comprised of oversized materials.|
|Date Acquired:||10/00/2012. More info below under Accruals.|
|Subjects:||African-Americans -- History, African Americans -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States -- History -- 20th century, Black Panther Party, Civil rights., Spelman College|
Browse by Box:
- Box 1: Barlow Papers
- This box contains documents, letters, newspapers, essays, audio recordings, notes, reading information, programs, from Black Panther and N.D.E.A. Insititute of History at Spelman College.
- Barcode: 7421
- Folder 1: A letter to the president about civil rights from Delores Coleman, undated
- Folder 2: Anderson Prision Park - National Cemetery Information Program, undated
- Folder 3: Atlanta Programs. Entertainment; Arts, 1966-05
- Published by the Atlanta Chamber of Commerce.
- Folder 4: Black Panther Memorabilia, undated
- Contains a paper hat that reads "Black Power" and a flag for the Black Panthers.
- Folder 5: Black Panther Programs
- "One Man - One Vote" published by the Lowndes County Freedom Organization and "What would it Profit a Man...?" published by the Student Nonviolent Coordination Committee in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Folder 6: The Bobbs- Merrill Reprint Series. The Irony in Southern History; The Dark and Bloody Ground of Reconstruction, undated
- Folder 7: Discussion between Stokely Carmichael and Randolph Blackwell at NDEA at Spelman College, 1966-07-25
- Folder 8: Envelopes to J. J. Barlow from N.D.E.A. at Spelman College, undated
- Folder 9: Essays. A Glorious Age in Africa; Some Considerations of the Negro Revolution of 1963; Negro Heritage, 1966
- Folder 10: Letters about N.D.E.A. at Spelman College., 1966-04-07-1966-05-25
- Folder 11: Lecture Programs for N.D.E.A. at Spelman College by the U.S. Office of Education, 1966-06-12-1966-07-29
- Folder 12: Maps of Africa, undated
- Folder 13: Newspapers - The Nation., 1964-09
- Folder 14: Newspapers - The Voice; The Commonweal, 1965-12-20-1964-08-07
- Folder 15: Notes, undated
- This folder contains a piece of paper with calculations and a notepad with scribbles.
- Folder 16: Notes for Class Schedule, 1966-06-14-1966-07-09
- Folder 17: Print - N.D.E.A at Spelman College, 1966
- Folder 18: Programs for Black Rights. The American Negro as a Politician; The Struggle for Freedom and Rights; Lincoln Memorial, undated
- Folder 19: Reading information for N.D.EA. at Spelman College, 1966-05-26
- Folder 20: Speech by Helen Howard, 1966-04-31
- Folder 21: Spelman College - Class related. Last Will and Testament; Last Week; History 211 Final Exam, 1966-05-19
- Folder 22: Teachers Guides for Materials, 1964-1967
- Folder 23: Teachers Guides for African Americans, 1965
- "Guide to Teaching Negro Views of America The Legacy of Oppression" by Donald W. Oliver and "The Negro in American History: A Guide for Teachers" published by Department of Social Studies Detroit Public Schools.
- Folder 24: "What's Wrong with the War in Vietnam" Program, undated
- Folder 25: Audio Recordings, undated