Larry McMurtry Collection | Rare Books
|Title:||Larry McMurtry Collection|
|Primary Creator:||McMurtry, Larry (1936-)|
|Extent:||73.0 Items. More info below.|
|Arrangement:||The manuscripts in the Larry McMurtry Collection are numbered, and the corresponding numbers are listed in the finding aid with a brief description of the contents|
Browse by Box:
- [Box 1: Manuscripts],
- [Box 2: Undergraduate Papers],
- [Box 3: Coexistence Review],
- [Box 4: Graduate Papers],
- [Box 5: Student Publications]
- Box 4: Graduate Papers
- Item 59: "Troilus & Cressida and the War of the Theatre," 27-page typescript.
- Item 60: "Elizabethan Realism: Realistic Prose in England from 1525 to 1610," 26-page typescript.
- Item 61: "The Effectiveness of the Ode to Evening," 6-page typescript.
- Item 62: "The Divine Cloud: Contemplative Mysticism in XIVth Century England," 32-page typescript.
- Item 63: "Some Aspects of Characterization in Two Poems of Social Protest: Wynnere and Wastoure, and Piers in the Plowman," 14-page typescript.
- Item 64: "Narrative and Descriptive Elements in the Lay of Havelock, 12-page typescript
- Item 65: "Jonson's Feud with the Poetasters," 19-page typescript.
- Item 66: "The Appropriateness of the Troilus Epilogue," 34-page typescript.
- Item 67: "Political Satire in the First Voyage of Gulliver," 5-page typescript
- Item 68: "The Prose Style of Thomas Nashe," 22-page typescript.
- Item 69: "The Beat Academy," 29-page typescript.
- This essay on the literature of the early 50's was printed in Janus, March, 1960. [See item #72]
- Item 70: "Ben Jonson's Feud with the Poetasters: 1599-1601."
- M.A. thesis at Rice University. With McMurtry's autograph corrections.