Virginia Clarke Papers, 1944-1977 | University Archives
By Perri Hamilton
|Title:||Virginia Clarke Papers, 1944-1977|
|Primary Creator:||Virginia Clarke (1907 - 1997)|
|Arrangement:||Box 1373 contains printed material; Box 1374 has examples of publications and photographs; Box 3 has publications and a certificate.|
Browse by Box:
- [Box 1373: Virginia Clarke Papers],
- [Box 1374: Virginia Clarke Papers],
- [Box 3: Virginia Clarke Papers]
- Box 1373: Virginia Clarke Papers
- This box contains publications dealing with the library and the laboratory school.
- Barcode: 2817
- Item 1: Non-Book Library Materials by Virginia Clarke, 1953
- This is a "handbook of procedures for uniform and simplified system of handling audio-visual aids, vertical file, and other non-book materials in the school library."
- Item 2: The Organizatin of Nonbook Materials in the Laboratory School Library by Virginia Clarke, 1965
- This book offers an outline of how to deal with non-book materials in a school library.
- Folder 3: Annual Report: NTSU Library, August 31, 1968
- A document that shows the basic budget for the library and museum at UNT in 1968.
- Folder 4: Course Oulines: LS 410 and LS 411, circa 1965
- Information on classes offered on practice school library service.
- Folder 5: History of the Laboratory School and other material
- The contents of this folder includes: "Key to Furniture Arrangement," a list of Laboratory School faculty in the Spring of 1968, a history of the laboratory school, "A Description of The Laboratory School Library Collection" for Library Science class 411, two floor plans for the Laboratory School library in 1965 and 1956 and "Circulation Studies Compared."
- Folder 6: New Titles (Lab School Library), July 10, 1968
- A list of new book titles in the Laboratory School Library in July, 1968.
- Folder 7: Bulletin, North Texas State Teachers College Library Service Department, April 1949
- A booklet that describes the Library Service Department in 1949. There are photographs of the library and classrooms in this publication.
- Folder 8: Clippings, 1969 - 1970
- Xerox copies of clippings concerning Virginia Clarke and the closing of the Laboratory School in 1970.
- Box 1374: Virginia Clarke Papers
- This box contains bound publications and photographs.
- Barcode: 2818
- Item 1: Partial Expansion of the 980 Division of the Dewey Decimal Classification Including A Spanish Version of the Tables by Virginia Clarke, August 1944
- This is a bound copy of Ms. Clarke's thesis for the degree of Master of Arts. It also contains a book plate and correspondence with the Library of Congress.
- Item 2: The Organization of Nonbook Materials in the Laboratory School Library by Virginia Clarke, 1969
- This is the revised edition of Virginia Clarke's book.
- Item 3: Some Biographies Classified, 1965
- "Some Biographies Classified: A list compiled at the request of Steva Harris, Teacher of Ninth Grade English" by Janis Hamilton, Wilma Berry, and Lynda Hendrick.
- Folder 4: Photographs, 1953 and no date
- Fourteen pages of photographs and commentary by Virginia Clarke concerning the Laboratory School Library at the University of North Texas.
- Pages: 14
- Folder 5: Photographs, 1953 - 1969
- Black and white photographs of the Laboratory School at the University of North Texas.
- Prints: 11
- Box 3: Virginia Clarke Papers
- This box contains publications and a certificate.
- Barcode: 2819
- Item 1: Manual of Policies, Techniques and Routines by Virginia Clarke, 1948
- The contents of the book were mimeographed at the Demonstration School. It has a red, textured board cover with gold lettering.
- Folder 2: Some Notable Books, 1968
- This is a stapled copy of "a graded list of some of the distinguished books purchased for the Laboratory School Libary since 1958." The books listed represent titles intended for kindergarten to senior high school students.
- Folder 3: Certificate, 1977
- "Certificate of Award, This Certifies that Virginia CLarke is awarded this Certificate for an expression of appreciation of your years of service as Teacher, Mentor, Friend to the students of North Texas Laboratory School System; Given at Denton, Texas, this 4th day of November, A. D. 1977." The certificate is signed by the Homecoming President and the Homecoming Secretary.