Warren Norwood Collection, 1962-2005 | University of North Texas Special Collections
By Laurel Alexander and Whitney Willis
|Title:||Warren Norwood Collection, 1962-2005|
|Primary Creator:||Norwood, Warren (1945 - 2005)|
|Subjects:||American fiction., Archival materials., Fiction -- Authorship., Fiction -- Male authors., Fiction -- Publishing., Manuscripts -- Editing., Norwood, Warren., Science fiction, American., Science fiction.|
Browse by Series:
- [Series 1: The Windhover Tapes: An Image of Voices],
- [Series 2: The Windhover Tapes: Flexing the Warp],
- [Series 3: The Windhover Tapes: Fize of the Gabriel Ratchets],
- [Series 4: The Windhover Tapes: Planet of the Flowers],
- [Series 5: The Seren Cenacles (Co-authored by Ralph Mylius)],
- [Series 6: The Double Spiral War: Midway Between],
- [Series 7: The Double Spiral War: Polar Fleet],
- [Series 8: The Double Spiral War: Final Command],
- [Series 9: Shudderchild],
- [Series 10: True Jaguar],
- [Series 11: Time Police: Let Them Vanish [Vanished]],
- [Series 12: Time Police #2: Trapped!],
- [Series 13: Time Police #3: Stranded (Co-authored by Mel Odom)],
- [Series 14: Time Police #4: Twisted (Co-authored by Mel Odom)],
- [Series 15: Rocker and SHIFT!],
- [Series 16: Short stories, Music Books, and Speeches],
- [Series 17: Poetry],
- [Series 18: Other Works],
- [Series 19: Artwork],
- [Series 20: Publications],
- [Series 21: Promotional Materials and Galley Proofs],
- [Series 22: Clippings],
- [Series 23: Personal Artifacts],
- [Series 24: Correspondence],
- [Series 25: Published Books]
- Series 20: Publications
- Publications with literary work by Warren Norwood or reviews of work by Norwood.
- Box 56: Publications
- Publications with works or reviews of works by Warren Norwood.
- Barcode: 50049
- Item 1: Voice of America, 1965
- Contains a hardback anthology published by National Poetry Press titled Voice of America, including work from the last five years of the Young Poets of America and a poem by Warren C. Norwood, titled "Memories," on page 141. Lightly annotated with stars and underlined titles.
- Folder 1: "A Creative Field-Theory", 1972
- Contains a copy of NPCU Compendium 1971, published in Dallas by Anthelion, containing a number of philosophical essays by D.H. Weiss, Marianne, Arieux, Warren C. Norwood, John Hughes, Roy M. Gunnels, Paul Kosted, and Don Tate.
- Folder 2: Songs of Youth, 1962
- Contains a copy of Songs of Youth, published in Los Angeles by American Poetry Press. Includes a poem titled "Memories" by Warren C. Norwood on page 9. Lightly annotated by Norwood.
- Folder 3: Avesta, 1964
- Contains two copies of Avesta 42, the literary magazine of North Texas State University. Includes four poems "Chasm," "Euthanasia," "Explanation to a Flower," and "Barroom Tale: A Fragment," by Warren Carl Norwood on pages 30-31. Many poems have personal handwritten notes by Norwood.
- Folder 4: Inside Out, 2004-10
- Contains a collection of poetry that Warren Norwood contributed to, titled Inside Out.
- Folder 5: Buzzard Luck News, 1982-08
- Contains three issues of a newsletter that Warren Norwood wrote in, titled "Buzzard Luck News."
- Folder 6: Nebula Awards Report, August 27, 1982
- A copy of Nebula Awards Report, Volume 11, #3. Many names and literary works are highlighted including Warren Norwood for The Windhover Tapes on page two under the category "Recommendations since 16 July 1982".
- Folder 7: Science Fiction & Fantasy Book Review, 1983-12
- Contains several copies of Science Fiction & Fantasy Book Review, issues 6, 14, 19, and 20. Includes reviews of The Seren Cenacles, Flexing the Warp, The Windhover Tapes, and Fize of the Gabriel Ratchets by Warren Norwood.
- Folder 8: Science Fiction Analog, 1984-06
- Contains a copy of Science Fiction Analog: Science Fact. Contains excerpts from science fiction novels, short stories, and blurbs about up and coming science fiction literature. Includes a review of Planet of the Flowers by Warren Norwood on page 167.
- Box 57: Publications
- Publications with works or reviews of works by Warren Norwood.
- Barcode: 50050
- Folder 1: Buddy, 1976-01
- Contains a copy of Buddy, The Original Texas Music Magazine that includes a music review by W.C. Norwood titled "Dory Previn: Five Albums Through Inner Space."
- Folder 2: Archon 8 Program Book, 1984-07
- Contains two program books from Archon 8: The St Louis S.F. Fantasy Convention, and includes short story titled "Alien Instinct" by Warren Norwood on pages 25-28.
- Folder 3: Twilight Zone Magazine, 1988-04
- Contains a copy of the seventh anniversary edition of The Twilight Zone Magazine, includes a short story by Warren Norwood's titled "Claws That Catch," on pages 42-45.
- Folder 4: Prism, 1974-05
- Contains a copy of the magazine of the University of Texas at Arlington, Prism, includes excerpts from Warren Norwood's novel Klutz entitled "Dithyramb, Dithyramb, Boom, Boom, Boom," on page 26 and "Hoa" on page 27.
- Folder 5: The Green Fuse, 1972
- A copy of The Green Fuse, a NTSU literary magazine from spring 1972, issue No.2. Norwood is listed as Editor
- Folder 6: The Arlington Review, 1965
- A copy of The Arlington Review from fall 1965. Page 21 has the poem "Iamb the Poet" and page 35 has the poem "My Father Said" both by Warren Carl Norwood.
- Folder 7: The Green Fuse, 1971
- A copy of The Green Fuse, issue No.1 spring 1971. Page 18 has the poem "The Brindled Moon" by Warren Norwood.
- Folder 8: The Subway Wall, May 14, 1970
- A copy of The Subway Wall: A Presentation of Student Creativity, a NTSU Sigma Tau Delta (a national honor English fraternity) publication with two poems by Warren Norwood, "Biology Made Verse" and "Patrick O'Shaunessy Schvartz".
- Folder 9: The Voice, 1972-12
- A copy of The Voice, Vol. 4, No. 5 with two poems by W.C. Norwood, "The Resurrection of Bobby Rivers" and "After the Firefight".
- Folder 10: Prism, 1974-02
- A copy of Prism from UT at Arlington with a poem titled "Gentle, Gentle Sex" by W.C. Norwood on page 33. A clipping of the poem is also in this folder.
- Folder 11: Poetry and the Vietnam Experience, 1987
- A copy of Poetry and the Vietnam Experience: Selected Poems from Contributors, a St. Lawrence University David B. Steinman Festival of the Arts publication. Contains a poem by Warren Norwood titled "Doing My Best" on page 52.
- Folder 12: The Lookout, 1977-06
- A copy of The Lookout, Vol 68 No.5 by Seamen's Church Institute of New York with a poem by Warren C. Norwood titled "To The Seachantress" on the back cover.
- Folder 13: The Lookout, 1978-12
- A copy of The Lookout, Vol. 69 No.1 with a poem by Warren C. Norwood titled "Year's End" on page 15.
- Folder 14: Martin Wagner's Wagnerama, 1982
- A copy of Martin Wagner's Wagnerama, Charter issue. It is post marked Aug. 21, 1982. It was sent from M. Wagner to Warren Norwood and has a note from Wagner to Norwood on the back. There is a review notice of The Windhover Tapes: An Image of Voices in the index of the publication.
- Folder 15: Science Fiction Chronicle, 1983-07
- A copy of Science Fiction Chronicle, Volume 4, Number 10. Has a review of The Windhover Tapes: Fize of The Gabriel Ratchets by Warren Norwood on page 28.
- Folder 16: Extrapolation, 1983
- A copy of Extrapolation, Vol.24, No.2 from summer 1983.
- Folder 17: Mathom, 1982-06/07
- A copy of Mathom, Issue 9, from June/July 1982. The last page has a review of The Windhover Tapes: An Image of Voices.