Rhodes Baker Papers | Music Library
By Maristella Feustle
|Title:||Rhodes Baker Papers|
|Arrangement:||The papers are partially organized, but also contain considerable duplicate material; the arrangement is complicated by early attempts -- some 40 years ago -- to make sense of collection and catalog the recordings which came with it, which saw UNT materials and notes shuffled in with Baker's materials. The collection also includes considerable documentation of stages of assessment and organization in the early 1970s, the early 1990s, and 2008-2009.|
|Subjects:||Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974|
|Forms of Material:||Jazz|
|Access Restrictions:||Access to this collection is provided only by special arrangement. Please contact the Music Library for more information.|
|Use Restrictions:||Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Music Library. Copyright restrictions may apply.|
|Physical Access Note:||Collection is housed in the UNT Music Library. Advance notice for use is required. Please contact the Music Library for further information.|
|Related Materials:||See also: the Dennis Askey Papers For more information please see http://findingaids.library.unt.edu/index.php?p=collections/marc&id=276.|
Browse by Box:
- Box 2
- Item 1: Black and white photograph of Rhodes Baker meeting Duke Ellington
- Item 2: Binder: List of Duke Ellington 78 rpm recordings which R. Baker transferred to reel-to-reel tape
- Includes listings by tape, a key to abbreviations used for vocalists, and an index by tune title.
- Item 3: Discography of Duke Ellington by Rhodes S. Baker
- Large brown binder with alphabetical tabs.
- Item 4: Stereo Tapes / Ellington Tapes
- "A" series of tapes consists of dubs from commercial releases and pre-recorded material. "B" series includes air checks.
- Item 5: Index of tunes dubbed to tape with numbers "PO-1" through "PO-17"
- Item 6: Binder: Index of 78 rpm records by various artists
- Item 7: Binder: "Misc. reels"