Karen B. Alexander Collection of Protest Literature, 1968-1973 | University of North Texas Special Collections
|Title:||Karen B. Alexander Collection of Protest Literature, 1968-1973|
|Date Acquired:||01/21/1976. More info below under Accruals.|
|Subjects:||Feminism, Feminists, Feminists -- United States, Social movements|
Browse by Box:
- [Box 1b: Multiple Collections],
- [Box 37: Feminist Groups Protest Literature, 1969-1972, n.d.],
- [Box 38: General Protest Literature, 1968-1973, n.d.]
- Box 37: Feminist Groups Protest Literature, 1969-1972, n.d.
- Barcode: 100297
- Folder 1: Off Our Backs, A Women's News Journal
- Folder 2: Feminist Protest Literature, 1969-1974, n.d.
- This folder contains brochures pertaining to feminist issues and causes such as abortion, equal rights, socialism, and political endorsement. Folder also contains several feminst publications described below at item level.
- Item 1: Little Miss Muffet Fights Back: Recommended Non-Sexist Books About Girls for Young Readers, pamphlet, 1971
- Item 2: Texan Woman, newsletter, July/August 1974
- Item 3: American Women: Their Use and Abuse, pamphlet, 1969
- Item 4: Prime Time: For the Liberation of Women in the Prime of of Life..., newsletter, February/March 1974
- Item 5: The Second Wave: A Magazine of the New Feminism, magazine, Summer 1971
- Item 6: Looking at Women: Poems by Fran Winant, pamphlet, 1971
- Item 7: Everywoman
- Note: Everywoman moved to map case.
- Item 8: Posters
- Note: Posters moved to map case.
- Item 9: Shirley Chisholm brochure
- Note: Shirley Chisholm brochure moved to map case.
- Folder 3: Feminist Protest Literature, 1970-1971, n.d.
- This folder contains publications, speech texts, a flyer, and a newspaper clipping pertaining to feminist issues and causes.
- Item 1: Women Workers: Some Basic Statistics by Lise Vogel, pamphlet, 1971
- Item 2: Pioneers of Women's Liberation by Joyce Cowley, pamphlet, 1971
- Item 3: Charlottesville Women's Support Group Benefit Car Wash for striking Shenandoah workers, flyer
- Item 4: Women Say No to War and Racism, Baltimore Women's Coalition for Women's Rights speech text
- Item 5: The Realities of Lesbianism by Del Martin and Phyllis Lyon, report reprinted from MOTIVE, March/April 1969
- Item 6: How Harvard Rules Women, pamphlet, 1970
- Item 7: How To Hold A Wife: A Bridegroom's Buide by Jennifer Macleod, newspaper clipping
- Item 8: Through the Looking Glass
- Note: Through the Looking Glass moved to map case.
- Folder 4: Feminist Protest Literature, 1970-1971, n.d.
- This folder contains feminist literature and reports of a political nature.
- Folder 5: Feminist Protest Literature, 1970-1972, n.d.
This folder contains reports, flyers, and bibliographies pertaining to a variety of feminist topics including: consumerism; marriage; political; herstory (history); self-defense; welfare rights; and International Women's Day.
Note: The Great Speckled Bird moved to map case.
- Folder 6: Feminist Protest Literature, 1969-1970
- This folder contains issues of A Journal of Female Liberation.