Karen B. Alexander Collection of Protest Literature, 1968-1974 | University of North Texas Special Collections
|Title:||Karen B. Alexander Collection of Protest Literature, 1968-1974|
|Arrangement:||This collection is arranged by subject.|
|Date Acquired:||01/21/1976. More info below under Accruals.|
|Subjects:||Feminism, Feminists, Feminists -- United States, Social movements|
Browse by Box:
- [Box 1b: Multiple Collections],
- [Box 37: Feminist Groups Protest Literature, 1969-1972, n.d.],
- [Box 38: General Protest Literature, 1968-1973, n.d.]
- Box 38: General Protest Literature, 1968-1973, n.d.
- Barcode: 100298
- Folder 1: Communalist Literature, 1971,1973
- This folder contains the April-May 1971 and April 1973 issues of the newsletter Notes from Nethers.
- Folder 2: General Protest Literature, 1969, 1971, n.d.
- This folder contains protest literature pertaining to communism; racism; and the draft (selective service).
- Folder 3: General Political Protest Literature, 1968-1973, n.d.
This folder contains protest literature pertaining to political issues including war, peace, socialism, China, and Cuba.
Note: American Report, Stop the War, and radical literature from the New England Free Press moved to map case.
- Folder 4: General Social Protest Literature, 1967-1971, n.d.
- This folder contains protest literature pertaining to social and enviornmental issues including hunger, the environment, prisons, social reform, and housing.
- Folder 5: General Education Protest Literature, 1968, n.d.
- This folder contains protest pamphlets and a report pertaining to college life and the education system.
- Folder 6: Southern Conference Educational Fund Literature, n.d.
- This folder contains publications of the Southern Conference Educational Fund covering the following topics: poverty, the Walter Collins case, and bios of Virginia Collins and Carl Braden.
- Folder 7: The Southern Patriot, 1971
- Note: The Southern Patriot moved to map case.
- Folder 8: The Virginia Weekly, 1971
- Note: The Virginia Weekly moved to map case.
- Folder 9: Women's National Abortion Action Coalition Literature, 1971-1972, n.d.
This folder contains publications of the Women's National Abortion Action Coalition including newsletters and flyers.
Note: Women's National Abortion Action Coalition abortion march on Washington and San Francisco brochure moved to map case.