David A. Webb Collection, 1926-1979 | University Archives
By B. Tanner, Lisa Brown, and Rachel Motes
|Title:||David A. Webb Collection, 1926-1979|
|Arrangement:||Collection is arranged by subject and described at folder level, except the records of the Director's Office, which are arranged at the box level.|
|Access Restrictions:||This collection is not restricted.|
|Use Restrictions:||Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Special Collections department. Copyright restrictions may apply.|
|Physical Access Note:||This collection is stored off-site and requires a minimum of 24 hour notice prior to use.|
Several other collections have similar material and may be of help, including the Lou Ann Bradley, Edward Johnson, Louise Evans, Margaret Galloway and the University of North Texas Library Collection.
|Preferred Citation:||David A. Webb Collection, University of North Texas Special Collections.|
|Finding Aid Revision History:||Rachel Motes processed the accreation of Box 29 to this collection on July 5, 2017.|
Browse by Series:
- [Series 1: Dissertations],
- [Series 2: University Library Study],
- [Series 3: Library Building],
- [Series 4: Directors Office],
- [Series 5: Library Business],
- [Series 6: Oversized Boxes],
- [Series 7: Reel to Reel Tapes]
- Series 4: Directors Office
- This series contains records of both the North Texas State University Library Director's Office and the Director's Office for the Library School.
- Sub-Series 1: Alphabetical Series
- Box 1: AACTE Evaluation—Amigos, 1965-1978
- Includes files for AACTE, AASL/ACRL Committee on Instruction on the Use of Libraries, ACRL Grants, Richard Abel and Co., Acquisitions Services, Administrative Announcements, Afro-American Collection, American Library Association and Accreditation, and AMIGOS.
- Barcode: 624001
- Box 2: Annual Report of the Librarian (1942-1978)—Book Bindery (8/68), 1942-1977
- Includes files for Annual Report of the Librarian (1942-1978), Annual Reports (1958-1975), Approval Program, Archives, Art Department, Association of American Library Schools, Audio-visual Services, Baker & Taylor, Bibliographic Area Locations, Bicycle Racks, Biology Department, and Bindery.
- Barcode: 624002
- Box 3: Biology Department—Continuation Orders, 1965-1978
- Includes files for Biology Department, Black Studies Questionnaire, Board of Control, Biennial Budget Requests, Book Budget (1974-1977), Brashears Memorial Fund, Bro-dart, Browsing Room, Business History Committee, Calendar, Cataloging Services, Central Services, Certificates (Library Science Division), Changemakers, Organizational Charts, Chemical Abstracts, Chemistry Department, Chicago Alumni Association, Children's Literature Collection, Circulation Department, Circulation Systems Institute, Civic Fund, Classified Personnel, Clerical Staff, Collections, and Continuation Orders.
- Barcode: 624003
- Box 4: Council of State College Librarians—Continuation and Periodical Cancellations, 1973 Fall.
- Includes files for Council of State College Librarians-Book Contracts, Collections-Miscellaneous, Pan American, Music, Science, Social Sciences, Special Materials, U.S. Documents, Collection Reports, Collection Services, Committee on Student Conduct and Discipline, Compos-O-Line, Computer Center, Computer Needs for the Library Ad Hoc Committee, Computing Services System, Conference on Computer Use in the Library, and Continuation and Periodical Cancellations (1973).
- Barcode: 624004
- Box 5: Continuation Orders—Council of State College Librarians, 1962-1978
- Includes files for Continuation Orders, Coordinating Board, Copyright, Council of College Presidents, Council of Deans, and Council of State College Librarians.
- Barcode: 624005
- Box 6: Committee (Bindery)—Executive Committee (1971-1972)
- Includes files for Committee (Bindery), Committee (Legislative), Committee (TCUSL), Council of State College Librarians, Cost Sharing Questionnaire (March 1973), Courtesy Cards, Custodians, Data Processing, Deans and Department Heads, Dean of Students, Development, Director of Research and Academic Grants, Directory of Special Libraries, Dissertation Correspondence, Documents on Academic Librarianship, Duplication Study, Economic Department, Education Library, Education for Librarianship, Educational Research Information Center, Ellington Collection, Ellsworth's Speech, Employment Regulations, Encyclopedia Britannica, Engineering Survey, English Department, Equipment, Exchange/Visitor Program, and Executive Committee (1969-1972).
- Barcode: 624006
- Box 7: Executive Committee Minutes, 1970-1975
- Includes files for the Executive Committee for 1970-1975.
- Barcode: 624007
- Box 8: Faculty Senate—Higher Education Act (HEA), 1969-1977
- Includes files for Faculty Senate, Faculty Status for Librarians, Faculty Study Allocations, Fair Labor Standards Act, Flower Fund, Foreign Language Department, Fort Worth Christian College, Furniture, Gifts, Geography Department, General Electric Foundation Grant Request, Goals for Dallas, Governor's Committee, Governor's Conference on Libraries, Graduate Council, Graduate Dean, Graduate Record Examination, Graduate Research Center of the Southwest, Graduate School, Handbook, Health, Education and Welfare Compliance Review, Professor George D. Hendricks, and Higher Education Act (HEA, 1966-1967).
- Barcode: 624008
- Box 9: Executive Committee (Mission, Goals, and Objectives)-Faculty Senate (1970), 1951-1978
- Includes files for Executive Committee, Experienced Teacher Fellowship Program, Extension Office, Miscellaneous "F" Correspondence, Faculty Council, Faculty Development Leaves, Faculty Handbook, Faculty (Library Science Division), Faculty Participation Committee, Faculty Research Committee, and Faculty Senate (1969-1971).
- Barcode: 624009
- Box 10: Higher Education Act (HEA)—Inter-University Council, 1965-1974
- Includes files for Higher Education Act (HEA), Historical Collection, History Department, Homecoming, Home Economics, Hours, Human Events, Human Relations, I.D. Card, IUC/OCLC, Inaugural Committee, Industrial Relation and Business Archives, Information Sciences Building, Inter-Library Loan, and Inter-University Council.
- Barcode: 624010
- Box 11: Inter-University Council—Library Budget Requests, 1945-1979
- Includes files for Inter-University Council, Inter-University Council Acquisition Project Lists, Inter-University Council Bibliographic Network, Inter-University Council Evaluation Questionnaire, Inter-University Council Courtesy Cards, Inter-University Council Duplicate Exchange, Inter-University Council Project Lists, Inter-University Council Survey, Inter-University Council, Inter-University Council Teletype, Inventory, Joint University Center for Community Services, Journalism Department, Knapp School Project, Laboratory School, Law School, Library Administration, Library Budget (Books), and Library Budget Requests (1949-1965).
- Barcode: 624011
- Box 12: Library Budget—Library Committee, 1953-1977
- Includes files for Library Budget, Library Building (including Willis grand opening and details of carpet lawsuit), and Library Committee Minutes.
- Barcode: 624012
- Box 13: Library Committee (1972-1973)—Library Reports, Miscellaneous, 1934-1977
- Includes files for University Library Committee, Library of Congress Classification, Library Dedication, Library Education Advisory Committee, Library (General Information and Statistics), Library Expenditures, Library Orientation Test, Library Job Satisfaction Study, Library Reports (AACTE, 1941-1953), Library Reports (ACRL, 1943-1965), Library Reports (ALA, 1939-1966), Library Reports (Accessions and Withdrawals), Library Reports (Financial Structure of the Library, January 1972), Library Reports ( Library Expenditures), Library Reports (Public Services Statistics, 1970/1971), Library Reports (Texas Education Agency), Library Service Department, Library School Dean, and Library Service Library.
- Barcode: 624013
- Box 14: Library Reports (Public Services Statistics)—Library Move, 1934-1977
- Includes files for Library Reports (Public Services Statistics), Library Reports (Southern Association), Library Reports (State Library), Library Reports (Special Library Association), Library Reports (Texas Education Agency), Library School (Dean), Library Service Department, Library Service Department History, Library Service Faculty Meeting Minutes, Library Service Library, Library Service Library New Books and Periodicals, Library Staff, Library Staff Association, Library Staff Association News, Library Staff Committee (Charging From Technical Services), Library Staff Committees, Library Staff Committees (Divisional Catalogs), Library Staff Committees (Location of Books and Microforms), Library Staff Committee (Periodicals and Serials), Library Staff Instructional Activity, Library Staff Meetings, Library Staff Vacancy, Library Staff Training Program, Library Standards, Locked Case Committee, Lombardo-Herndon Collection, MARC Institute, Mary Potishman Lard, Mathematics Department, Media Library Budget, Medical Library Resource Grant, Memorial Books, Mexican-American Committee, Mexican Archives, Microprint, Missing Pages, and Library Move.
- Barcode: 624014
- Box 15: Library Move—North Texas Higher Education Study, 1957-1973
- Includes files for Library Move, Museum, Music Bibliography, Music Library, National Book Awards, National Registry for Librarians, NDEA Institute, New Books (Library Service Department), Newspapers, News Service, New York Times Information Bank, NTSU Books, NTSU-TWU Serials, NTSU-TWU Committee on Libraries, NTSU-TWU Program of Cooperation, and North Texas Higher Education Study-Task Force V.
- Barcode: 624015
- Box 16: Ohio College Library Center (OCLC)—Library Self-Study, 1956-1974
- Includes files for Ohio College Library Center (OCLC), Office of Research and Academic Grants, Oral History Committee, Otis Elevator Company, Parking, Pay Plan, Payroll, Periodicals, Philosophy Department, Photocopy, Physical Education, PL480 Federal Program, Policy, Political Science Department, President's Cabinet, President Kamerick, Print Shop, Printing, Procedure Manual, Psychology Department, Public Information Office, Public Services, Public Services Reorganization, Purchasing, Rare Books Panel, Record Library, Reference Department, Regents Committee, Research Grants, Reserve Book Room, Resident Engineer-John M. Howard, Retirement System, SLICE, Sabin-Evans Project, Schedules, School of Business, School of Education, School of Music, Science Periodicals, Security, and Library Self-Study.
- Barcode: 624016
- Box 17: Serials—Survey of Library Use, 1955-1973
- Includes files for Serials, Sick Leave, Sociology and Anthropology, Southern Association Reports, Southern Association Self-Study, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Southern Association Standards, Southern College and University Library Statistics, Southern Methodist University, Southwest Library Council, Southwest Library Association, Southwestern Library, Southwestern Medical School, Special Libraries Association, Space Evaluation, Special Collections and Archives, Special Libraries Association, Special Materials, Speech Department, Staff Association, Staff Lounge, Staff Meetings, Standard Change Makers, State Board of Control, Student Assistants, Student Handbook, Supplies, Survey of Library Automation in Texas, and Survey of Library Use.
- Barcode: 624017
- Box 18: Survey of Library Use—Texas Commission on Higher Education, 1963-1973
- Survey of Library Use, Tables, Teacher Education Program, Teacher Retirement, TIMS (Technical Information and Management Services), Technical Services, T.A.C.T. (Texas Association of College Teachers), Tele-Type Manual, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, Texas Commission on Higher Education, Texas Consortium for Microfilming, and Texas Council on Library Education.
- Barcode: 624018
- Box 19: Texas County Records Inventory Project—Xerox, 1959-1976
- Includes files for Texas County Records Inventory Project, Texas Education Agency, Texas Educational Aids, Texas Information Exchange (T.I.E.), Texas Library Association (TLA), Texas List, Texas Numeric Register, Texas Public Library Statistics, Texas State Documents Task Force, Texas State Library, Texas Technological Association, Textbooks, Travel Vouchers, Toscanini Archives, Tulane University Library, United States Book Exchange, University Presses, University Review Committee, University Store Advisory Board, Vacation, Vice President for Academic Affairs, Vice President for Administrative Affairs, Vice President for Fiscal Affairs, Vice President for Student Affairs, Vocational Rehabilitation, WFAA Collection, Western Folklore, Wilson H. W. Company, Work Study, and Xerox.
- Barcode: 624019
- Sub-Series 2: Chronological Series
- Box 20: Correspondence, September 1953-September 1961
- Barcode: 624020
- Box 21: Correspondence, September 1961-December 1966
- Includes document numbers 176-1900
- Barcode: 624021
- Box 22: Correspondence, December 1966-June 1972
- Includes document numbers 1951-3399
- Barcode: 624022
- Box 23: Correspondence, December 1971-June 1974
- Includes document numbers 3401-4450
- Barcode: 624023
- Box 24: Correspondence, May 1974-June 1975
- Includes document numbers 4451-5250
- Barcode: 624024
- Box 25: Correspondence, September 1975-April 1976
- Includes document numbers 5551-6099
- Barcode: 624025
- Box 26: Correspondence, April 1976-May 1977
- Includes document numbers 7026-7776
- Barcode: 624026
- Box 27: Correspondence, March 1977-March 1978
- Includes document numbers 7026-7776
- Barcode: 624027
- Box 28: Correspondence, March 1978-May 1980
- Includes documents numbers 7777-9470
- Barcode: 624028