Alvin Mansfield Owsley Collection, 1904-1972 | Manuscripts
By Bridgett Tanner and Laura Treat; Perri Hamilton; Rachel Motes
|Title:||Alvin Mansfield Owsley Collection, 1904-1972|
|Arrangement:||Series 1-3 are arranged according to topic and described at folder level. Series 4-9 are arranged according to material type and topic and are described at folder or item level.|
Browse by Series:
- [Series 1: Alvin M. Owsley, 1919-1972, undated],
- [Series 2: Owsley Family Collection, 1883-1973, undated],
- [Series 3: Owsley Family Collection (2), 1917-1989, undated],
- [Series 4: Scrapbooks, 1905-1966, undated],
- [Series 5: Oversize Materials, 1903-1972, undated],
- [Series 6: Photographic Materials, 1909-1972, undated],
- [Series 7: Artifacts],
- [Series 8: Artifacts (2)],
- [Series 9: Media, 1927-1947, undated],
- [Series 10: Publications],
- [Series 11: Owsley Letter Transcripts],
- [Series 12: Exhibit Photographs]
- Series 10: Publications
- The books in this series have been separated from the boxes in the collection. Please request them by their individual bar codes.
- Drawer 1: Alvin Owlsey Books
- Barcode: 642698
- Item 1: The Bomb, 1909
- The yearbook for the Virginia Military Institute, which Alvin Owsley attended.
- Barcode: 1001467484
- Item 2: Texas Under Many Flags, Volumne 1, 1930
- Barcode: 1001467488
- Item 3: Texas Under Many Flags, Volume 2, 1930
- Barcode: 1001467492
- Item 4: Texas Under Many Flags, Volume 3, 1930
- Barcode: 1001467496
- Item 5: Texas Under Many Flags, Volume 4, 1930
- Barcode: 1001467500
- Item 6: Texas Under Many Flags, Volume 5, 1930
- Barcode: 1001467504
- Item 7: Ireland Beautiful by Wallace Nutting, 1925
- A letter from Theodore Roosevelt, Jr. to Alvin Owsley is pasted into the book.
- Barcode: 1001467508
- Item 8: History of the American Legion by Marquis Jones, 1923
- The book is signed by Marquis Jones.
- Barcode: 1001467482
- Drawer 2: Alvin Owsley Books
- Barcode: 642699
- Item 1: Helpful Hints to Singers by Stella Owsley, 1937
- Stella Owsley was Alvin Owsley's sister.
- Barcode: 5001731236
- Item 2: Voyages of Nicholas Ball from 1838 to 1853, 1895
- This book documents the work and travels of one of the ancestors of Lucy Ball Owsley, the wife of Alvin Owsley.
- Barcode: 5001731237
- Item 3: National Social Directory, 1962
- Barcode: 1001467477
- Item 4: American Blue Book: Texas Attorneys by H. James Boswell and Son, 1926
- Barcode: 1001467481
- Item 5: Directory of Indiana Manufacturers by the Indiana State Chamber of Commerce, 1921-1922
- This volume has information on the Ball Jar Company. This company was founded by Lucy Ball Owsley's father and his brothers.
- Barcode: 1001467485
- Item 6: Owsley Family Heritage Book by Beatrice Bayley, 1981
- Barcode: 5001731238
- Item 7: Owsley Family In England and America 1635 - 1890, 1890
- Barcode: 1001467470
- Item 8: History of the American Legion by Richard Seelye Jones, 1946
- This book is signed by the author.
- Barcode: 5001731239
- Item 9: American Legion in Texas by Carrie Wilcox, 1951
- Barcode: 5001731240
- Item 10: V. M. I. in the World War by Joseph Reid Anderson, 1920
- V. M. I. is the Virginia Military Institute.
- Barcode: 5001731241
- Item 11: Virginia Military Institute Register of Former Cadets 1839 - 1939, 1939
- Barcode: 5001731242
- Item 12: Memoirs of Frank Clayton Ball, 1937
- Frank Clayton Ball was Lucy Ball Owsley's father.
- Barcode: 5001731243