Harbert Family Papers, 1943-1946 | Manuscripts
By Amanda Montgomery
|Title:||Harbert Family Papers, 1943-1946|
|Primary Creator:||Wayne Allan Harbert (1928-2009)|
|Arrangement:||The collection is arranged into folders divided into the categories of documents, photographs, and publications.|
Browse by Box:
- Box 3023
- Barcode: 704017
- Folder 1: Demonstration School Senior Banquet, 1944-05-12
- The program gives the menu, the program with the names of the speakers and two poems. Signatures of the seniors are on the four interior pages.
- Folder 2: High School Textbook Card, 1943-1944
- The high school textbook card for Wayne Harbert, grade 11, Demonstration School.
- Folder 3: Diploma from the North Texas State Teachers College, 1944-05-26
- Diploma from the North Texas State Teachers College for the Demonstration High School, awarded to Wayne A. Harbert.
- Folder 4: "The Q.M., Semi Monthly Publication" moved to Box 2, n.d.
- Materials from folder 4 have been moved to a oversize box (#3024)
- Folder 5: Photographs, 1945
- The first photograph shows Daisy Wade Harbert (mother), Wayne Harbert, and Susie Wade Nix (aunt), 1945 and the second photograph shows Wayne Harbert, United States Navy (age 17), Susie Wade Nix (aunt).
- Folder 6: NTSTC High School Ring, 1944
- Box 3024
- Barcode: 706502
- Folder 1: "The Q.M., Semi Monthly Publication", 1946
- The "Q.M.", was a semi publication of the Student of the Teachers College High School at Denton, Texas. The oversize box # 3024 contains volume 7 numbers 4 and 9 of the semi publication. Number 4, January 25, 1946, notes Wayne Harbert was home on leave. Number 9, May 24,1946, notes Wayne Harbert's sister, Vada Harbert, is the third woman from the left on the front row (sitting down) in the photograph at the bottom of the front page.