Dr. Robert B. Toulouse Papers, 1955-2010 | University Archives
By Perri Hamilton
|Title:||Dr. Robert B. Toulouse Papers, 1955-2010|
|Primary Creator:||Robert B. Toulouse|
|Arrangement:||The materials are arranged from the birthday celebration in 2008 to the materials collected about his work and life.|
Browse by Box:
- Box 1: Dr. Robert B. Toulouse Papers
- Papers that document Dr. Toulouse's life, career, and the celebration of his ninetieth birthday.
- Barcode: 50376
- Folder 1: Correspondence, circa 2008
- A collection of cards given to Dr. Toulouse to celebrate his ninetieth birthday. Some of those sending cards include: Betsy Wright, Sue Pannll, Donald and Mary Jo Pickens, Bill and Rose Watson, Fred and Barbara Pole, Rollie and Sue Schafer, Jean Kingery, Joe and Mary Bendzich, and Charles and Darlya Martin.
- Folder 2: Invitation, 2008
- The invitation from Dr. Sandra L. Terrell, Dean of the Robert B. Toulouse School of Graduate Studies, for the celebration of Dr. Robert B. Toulous's ninetieth birthday to be held at the Gateway Center Tower on May 6, 2008.
- Folder 3: Program and Script, 2008
- Cards with the details of the program for the celebration of Dr. Toulouse's ninetieth birthday and the "Dr. Toulouse Birthday Celebration -Script" are in this folder.
- Folder 4: Proclamation, 2008
- "Proclamation by the Mayor of the City of Denton, Texas" declaring May 8, 2008 "Dr. Robert B. Toulouse Day." The mayor was Perry R. McNeill.
- Folder 5: Guest Book, 2008
- Black covered guest book with the signatures of the guests at Dr. Toulouse's birthday celebration. Some of those who signed were: Bestsy Wright, Jim and Colleen Stewart, Angelia Black, Sandra Terrell, Donna Hughes, Randy Guttery, Leigh Hilton, Nita Thurman, Jean Kingery, Claude and Myrna Cheek, Lois Arnold, Theron Palmer, Jim and Alice Miller, Roland and Emma Vela, Cora Martin, Jan and Ken Dickson, Cindy McTee, Sue and Henry Hays, Richard and Betty Simms, Marsha Keffer, Bill and Rose Watson, Andrew aris, Phil DiebelSteve and Kay Selby and Ralph and Betty Culp.
- Folder 6: Photograph, circa 2008
- An image of the sign for the Robert B. Toulouse School of Graduate Studies.
- Folder 7: Brochures, 2008
- Brochures for the Toulouse School of Graduate Studies.
- Folder 8: Blue Folder Material
- Items that were gathered concerning Dr. Robert B. Toulouse.
- Item 1: Photograph, undated
- A portrait of Dr. Robert B. Toulouse.
- Item 2: Certificate, 1995
- A certificate from the Diwanis Club of Denton to honor Robert Toulouse for his fourty years of service to the club.
- Item 3: Letter, 2000
- Letter from Dr. Ronald E. Marcello to Dr. Robert B. Toulouse thanking Dr. Toulouse for participating in an oral history interview.
- Item 4: Program, 2005
- A program for the Veterand Day celebration in 2005.
- Item 5: "Never Forget...", undated
- A card that lists deceased members of the military.
- Item 6: Program, 1963
- "16th Annual Texas Conference on Teacher Education: Theme: Quality in Teacher Preparation Programs"
- Item 7: Letter, 1963
- A letter from Milo E. Kearney to Dr. Robert Toulouse concering a meeting of the Advsory Conference on Teacher Education to be held in Dallas.
- Item 8: Note and Clippings, 1963
- A note and clippings were sent from Lois Knowles to Dr. and Mrs. Robert Toulouse in March, 1963. The clippings concern the distinguished service in education citation presented to Dr. Toulouse from the College of Education, University of Missouri. There are three clippings.
- Item 9: The North Texan, 1955
- Three copies of the North Texan, the news magazine/paper for the alumni of UNT, that is dated January 1955.
- Item 10: Clipping, 1961
- A clipping from April 14, 1961 documenting the meetings and conferences the faculty and administrators took part in.
- Item 11: North Texas Daily, 1987
- A copy of the November 12, 1967 North Texas Daily, the university's newspaper, which has a photo of Dr. Robert Toulouse on the front page.
- Folder 9: Clippings, undated
- Three copies of a clipping that announces that the Toulouse School of Graduate Studies will honor Dr. Toulouse on his ninetith birthday.
- Folder 10: Denton Doings, 1971
- A copy of "Denton Doings" for August 1971 that has an article on Dr. Robert Toulouse on page 10.
- Folder 11: North Texan, 2008
- The summer 2008 North Texan, the alumni magazine of the University of North Texas, had a small article on page 10 about the ninetieth birthday party for Dr. Robert Toulouse.
- Folder 12: Cassette Tape, undated
- The tape is labeled "Toulouse Roast, Side Three."