Victor Lauderdale Collection, 1917-1919 | Manuscripts
By Laurel Alexander
|Title:||Victor Lauderdale Collection, 1917-1919|
|Subjects:||World War, 1914-1918.|
Browse by Box:
- Box 1: 1917-1919
- Contains letters, postcards, and artifacts of V. Lauderdale.
- Barcode: 704028
- Folder 1: Envelope and Postcard, 1919-07-20
- Contains an envelope addressed to Corporal V.E. Lauderdale and a postcard with a letter on reverse from Daquin.
- Folder 2: First Platoon
- Contains a list of the first platoon with 1st through 6th Squads as well as guides and leaders.
- Folder 3: American Red Cross - French and English Writing, 1919-06-26
- Contains one page of American Red Cross stationary. Handwritten in a combination of English and French of what the author did and saw.
- Folder 4: Certificate - Corporal Victor Lauderdale, 1919-01-01
- Contains certificate of the appointment of Victor Lauderdale as a Corporal in the Army of the United States of America, signed by Earl Boothe and Major A.J.J.
- Folder 5: Instructions for Troops
- Contains a thick card with string attached of instructions for troops aboard a ship with punched out meals of the month and penciled in numbers.
- Folder 6: Correspondence - V.E. Lauderdale to J.R. Lauderdale, 1918-11-14
- Contains a typed letter and envelope from Corporal V.E. Lauderdale to his father, Mr. J.R. Lauderdale.
- Folder 7: Photograph - Boxing, 1918
- Contains a black and white photograph of young men boxing in uniform. Inscribed, "Ed Lauderdale in France, some chums boxing, V.E. Lauderdale in France."
- Folder 8: Individual Pay Record Book - Corporal Victor Lauderdale, 1919
- Contains the pay record book of Cpl Victor Lauderdale, No. 295684 in a cardboard paper sleeve.
- Folder 9: Correspondence - V.E. Lauderdale to Mother, 1919-05-11
- Contains a letter and envelope, addressed to J.R. Lauderdale, from Victor Lauderdale to his mother, name unknown.
- Folder 10: The Soldier-Citizen and His Home Town, 1919-01-01
- Contains a booklet titled The Soldier-Citizen and His Home Town, information for soldiers about living in the war-time after the service written by Eda Amberg and William H. Allen, and published by the Educational Bureau.
- Folder 11: Division Insignia, 1919
- Contains a booklet that details different army divisions serving under Pershing's American Expeditionary Forces in World War I, complete with maps and insignias.
- Folder 12: Seeing New York, 1919
- Contains a map of New York City and advice for men in uniform on how to navigate the town.
- Folder 13: Plan De Paris
- Contains a booklet in French of streets, large monuments, transportation, and maps of Paris.
- Folder 14: Post Cards - Chaumont: Haut-Marne
- Contains a booklet of 24 postcards of landscapes in Chaumont, France.
- Folder 15: Post Cards - Panthéon de la Guerre, 1918
- Contains postcards of the images from the painting Panthéon de la Guerre, which depicted events of World War I.
- Folder 16: Post Cards - Pau
- Contains a booklet of 24 detatchable post cards with images from La Basses Pyrénées, in the South East of France.
- Folder 17: Post Cards - Barèges
- Contains a booklet of 24 detachable post cards with images of Barèges, France.
- Folder 18: Pocket Pronouncing Dictionary - French and English
- Contains a combination pocket pronunciation French to English/English to French dictionary. Inscription on inside, "V. E. Lauderdale, HQ Co. HQ Br, GH2 American E7, France, 295684".
- Folder 19: Post Cards - Château de Pau
- Contains a booklet of 24 post cards with images of Pau, France and Château de Pau.
- Folder 20: Post Cards - Ce Qu'ils Ont Fait de Soissons Avant et Après
- Contains a booklet of 24 postcards with images of Soissons, France before and after World War I.
- Folder 21: Post Cards - Bourges
- Contains a booklet of 12 post cards with images of Bourges, France.
- Folder 22: Post Cards - Souvenir D'Orléans
- Contains a booklet of 12 postcards with images of Orléans, France.
- Folder 23: Post Cards - Various
- Contains loose postcards with various images of France.
- Folder 24: Post Cards - V.E. Lauderdale to Family, 1918-09-22
- Contains various postcards written by Victor Lauderdale to various members of his family, including J.R., Roberta, Ellen, and Ed Lauderdale.
- Folder 25: Moreau Éditeur and S. Lauderdale Envelope
- Contains part of an envelope, addressed to S. Lauderdale and a possible back page of a booklet which says "Moreau Éditeur Versailles" with an insignia of a line with floral decorations running through it.
- Box 2: World War I Newspapers
- Barcode: 624198