Civil War Collection, 1856-1961 | Manuscripts
By Ashley Rankin
|Title:||Civil War Collection, 1856-1961|
|Arrangement:||This collection was kept in its previous arrangement from the UNT Museum.|
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Barcode: 704214
- Series 1: E.C. Wilson Papers
- This series contains clippings, documentation, and a book.
- Folder 1
- This folder contains clippings and documentation.
- Item 2: Book
- This book is compiled papers from E.C. Wilson.
- Folder 2: Confederate $10 bill
- Contains slip "Richmond $10 bill on S + T".
- Folder 3: Confederate Money (Returned 3/24/91), 1864-03-21
- Contains bills issued by the Confederate States of America including three 5 dollar bills, two 10 dollar bills, one 1 dollar bill, three 20 dollar bills, all signed by varying Registers and Treasurers, one 4% bond of $100 to A.Richardson signed by W.B. Johnston with script on back of various bond agreements between A.D. Richardson, J.L Westoso, P.L. Williard, and one 5 dollar bill issued by the State of Louisiana.
- Folder 4: Scott, Randolph (dener) in Memory of H.H. Simmons - Ten Cents, 1863-01-01
- Contains one bill for ten cents signed by J.B. Bishop issued by The Mechanic's Bank, Augusta, GA and one envelope from North Texas State Teachers College to The Mechanic's Bank
- Folder 5: Confederate Money, 1862-1863
- Contains four 1 dollar bills, four two dollar bills, two 5 dollar bills, and two 3 dollar bills issued by The State of Louisiana. Includes one 100 dollar bill and bond for $2000 to A.C Hornaday Collector issued by the Confederate States of America.
- Folder 6: Officer's Pay Acct - Civil War - Simmons, 1863-1864
- Contains an envelope labeled Simmons Documents, a list of soldiers in the 21st Regiment, two original documents of pay accounts of H.H. Simmons, and a note from the Pay Bureau with a statement of pay to Simmons for $450.
- Folder 8: Civil War Recruits - Y1077, 1861
- Contains a notice for dates and locations of a tax collection to be taken by K. Watkins
- Series 2: Duquesne Krone Papers, 1865-1961
- This series contains a book of diary and letters of Duquesne H. Krone.