Joe Bailey Papers, 1970-1980 | University Archives
By Amanda McMillan, Perri Hamilton
|Title:||Joe Bailey Papers, 1970-1980|
|Arrangement:||The files retain their original organization.|
|Date Acquired:||00/00/1981. More info below under Accruals.|
Browse by Box:
- Box 1: Joe Bailey Papers, 1966-1980
- Records and papers from Joe Bailey's employment with the NTSU library.
- Barcode: 624075
- Folder 1: Administrative Announcements, 1970-1980
- The announcements concern the business of the University of North Texas libraries.
- Folder 2: Annual Reports, 1972-1978
- A collection of reports that give statistics on the library's activities and growth.
- Folder 3: A.M. Willis Library Expansion, 1975-1980
- Correspondence, plans, floor plans, and measurements relating to the expanding Willis Library on the University of North Texas campus.
- Folder 4: Job Descriptions, 1964, 1970, 1980 and undated
- This collection of documents has guidelines for staff position qualifications over several years, and appointment periods for librarians in state supported institutions in Texas
- Folder 5: Oral Histroy Collection Publication, 1970, 1983, undated
- Publications (catalogs, pamphlet) containing information on the Oral History Program at the University of North Texas. There is also a brochure celebrating thirty years of an oral history program at Columbia University.
- Folder 6: Calendars, 1978-1981
- A collection of calendars for the library, the union, and the academic calendar for the University of North Texas.
- Folder 7: Open Records Information, 1970-1975
- A collection of papers that give details on the open records laws and how they apply in an academic setting.
- Folder 8: Faculty Research Manual and Fund Application Form, 1973
- Folder 9: Federated Universities, 1969 - 1971, 1974, 1977, 1979
- Correspondence and the agreement of the Federated Universities allowing the members' students access to all the members libraries with the sames regulations as students of the parent institutions.
- Folder 10: Gifts, 1978, 1980
- Correspondence and lists of material donated to the University of North Texas Libraries (primarily the Rare Book Room and the Music Library).
- Folder 11: "Supervisor's Handbook: Utilizing Handicapped Employees", undated
- This is a workshop booklet prepared by the Texas Rehabilitation Commission.
- Folder 12: Interuniversity Council, 1970-1980
- Correspondence and brochures concerning Joe Bailey's involvement with the Interuniversity Council.
- Folder 13: Public Service: Administration, 1973, 1980
- Correspondence regarding the public service administration in the library. Food and drink in the buildings, individual and group study, and donations are among the topics covered.
- Folder 14: Public Service: Humanities, 1975 - 1980
- Correspondence that primarily concerns reference services in the University of North Texas Libraries.
- Folder 15: Public Service: Library Science, 1970, 1973, 1980
- Papers that concern the intigration of the Laboratory School books into the UNT Libraries, staff and librarian positions, and improving cooperation between the University of North Texas and Texas Woman's University.
- Folder 16: Public Service: Music, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1978
- This file contains correspondence concerning the Music Library.
- Folder 17: Public Service: Science, 1974, 1977, 1978
- Correspondence that concerns the science materials in the UNT Library.
- Folder 18: Public Service: Social Sciences, 1976, 1978
- A paper that describes the collection of the UNT libraries and a position description for a social sciences librarian make up the contents of this folder.
- Folder 19: Public Service: Social Science Documents, 1969, 1971, 1974 - 1978, 1979, 1980
- This file contains memos, surveys, correspondence and instructions to government document librarians.
- Folder 20: Right of Privacy and Open Laws, 1973 - 1974
- A collection of copies of bills from the Texas legislature that concern open records.
- Folder 21: Organization Report and Charts, 1980
- "North Texas State University Libraries Organization Study Team" and organizational charts for the university.
- Folder 22: Dallas Center, 1975
- A collection of papers that concern the UNT libraries services and policies at the Dallas Center, instructions for class offerings, basic reference materials, and a schedule of off campus classes for the fall semester of 1975.
- Folder 23: Librarian Emeriti, 1975
- This file contains a policy statement for eligibility for librarian emeritus status.
- Folder 24: Library Expenditures, 1975-1980
- Folder 25: Library of Congress Classification, 1969, 1970, 1973
- Outline of the Library of Congress classification.
- Folder 26: Library Statistics, 1966-1980
- Folder 27: Locked Cage Files, 1975
- List of collections that were placed on restricted access.
- Folder 28: Online Systems for Libraries, 1970-1980
- Publications, articles, and records concerning online bibliographic services.
- Folder 29: Administrative Council, 1978-1980
- Minutes of the Administrative Council of the UNT libraries.
- Folder 30: AMIGOS, 1975, 1978-1980
- Correspondence, lists of participating institutions and papers that document the inter library loan program and OCLC (Online Computer Library Center).
- Folder 31: Computer Based Reference Services, 1976-1980
- A questionnaire concerning data bases in use at the UNT libraries.
- Folder 32: Faculty Senate Correspondence, 1976-1979