Ray and Joyce Bankston’s Dalco Photography Collection, 1960-2004 | Manuscripts
By S. Ivie
|Title:||Ray and Joyce Bankston’s Dalco Photography Collection, 1960-2004|
|Primary Creator:||Bankston, Ray|
|Arrangement:||Materials are arranged into four series which reflect the original arrangement of the collection. Series 1: Black and White Negatives, Color Negatives, Contact Sheets and Photo Prints is where the majority of images and other documents are located. In later boxes within the first series, an alphabetical arrangement of materials is used. Series 2: C-Files contains numbered color negatives which reference contact sheets found in the large part of the collection and in the Ad Accounts. Series 3: Ad Accounts contains all files relating to various clients Bankston worked with, including specific information on people, horses, images and any related documentation used for publication purposes. Series 4: Artifacts contains trophies and relics relevant to this collection.|
|Date Acquired:||00/00/2010. More info below under Accruals.|
Browse by Series:
- [Series 1: Black and White Negatives, Color Negatives, Contact Sheets and Photo Prints],
- [Series 2: C-Files],
- [Series 3: Ad Accounts],
- [Series 4: Artifacts]
- Series 4: Artifacts
- Box 119: National Cutting Horse Association, Official Trophy, n.d.
- Contains a trophy from the National Cutting Horse Association. The name and event award are blank. The sculpture is of a man on a cutting horse in opposition with a calf. Jim Reno's name appears on the base.
- Barcode: 2268
- Box 120: Grand Champion Mare, San Antonio, Texas, Lamp, Pt. 1, 1967
- Contains a trophy in the form of a lamp from the A.Q.H.A. (American Quarter Horse Association). The inscription reads," Grand Champion Mare, San Antonio, Texas, Donor-1967-A.Q.H.A." The sculpture is of a horse.
- Barcode: 2281
- Box 121: Grand Champion Mare, San Antonio, Texas, Lamp, Pt. 2, 1967
- Contains the shade for the Grand Champion Mare trophy lamp. A Dalco color photograph of an N.C.H.A. cutting event and two men with a horse are printed on the shade.
- Barcode: 2405
- Box 122: National Cutting Horse Association Sportsmanship Award, Lamp, 1960
- Contains a lamp of a man on a cutting horse in opposition with a calf.
- Barcode: 2280
- Box 123: Light Meter, n.d.
- Contains a light meter which Bankston used throughout his career as a photographer.
- Barcode: 2229
- Box 124: Assorted Artifacts, n.d., 1970, 1958
- Contains a black hat with the Dalco logo. Includes five compact discs with recorded music and all of them are titled "Ray's Oldies." A set of three reproductions of famous horses such as Peppy, Wimpy, Little Joe, Jill's Lady, Kid Meyers, Zantanon H, Three Bars, Hard Twist, Hired Hand, Silver King and Depth Charge. Two sets of reproductions with drawings by Carol Bush of the first eight National Reining Horse Associations' Grand Champions are included. A plaque with a Dalco printed image of Impressive Bar Leo is included.
- Barcode: 2254