Friends of the Libraries Collection, 1982-02-15 to 2010-04-08 | University Archives
By Perri Hamilton, Hailey LaRock
|Title:||Friends of the Libraries Collection, 1982-02-15 to 2010-04-08|
|Arrangement:||This collection is arranged into three series; Executive Board Materials, Friends of the Libraries Events and Activities, and "Books and Friends;" the organization's newsletter publication.|
|Accruals:||2016-029, 2016-041, 2013-14|
|Access Restrictions:||This collection is not restricted.|
|Use Restrictions:||Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Special Collections department. Copyright restrictions may apply.|
|Physical Access Note:||This collection is stored off-site and requires a minimum of 24 hour notice prior to use.|
|Acquisition Source:||Friends of the UNT Libraries; Richard Sale; Kate Lynass|
|Related Materials:||UNT Photograph Collection, Center for Texas Studies 1986-1996 For more information please see http://findingaids.library.unt.edu/index.php?p=collections/findingaid&id=332&q=Center+for+Texas+Studies#.V4OqTvkrLcs.|
|Preferred Citation:||Friends of the Libraries Collection, University of North Texas Special Collections|
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Barcode: 642289
- Series 1: Executive Board Materials
- Folder 1: Executive Board Meetings (1 of 2), 1982-02-15-2003-12-01
- Folder 2: Executive Board Meetings (2 of 2), 2004-01-12-2011-05-09
- Folder 3: Board Constitutions and By-Laws, undated
- Folder 4: Member Contact Lists, undated
- Folder 5: Correspondence, 1982-06-15-2004-10-11
- Folder 6: Rare Books and Music Library Information, 1991-undated
- Folder 7: Iterations of Friends of the Libraries Brochures, undated
- Folder 8: Descriptions of Other Library Boards, 2009-undated
- Series 2: Friends of the Libraries Events and Activities
- Folder 9: 3rd Annual Spring Banquet, 1984-03-14
- Featuring guest speaker: Mr. Stanley Marcus
- Folder 10: 10th Annual Spring Banquet, 1991-05-02
- Featuring guest speaker: Mr. Warren C. Norwood
- Folder 11: 12th Annual Spring Banquet, 1986-05-18-1993-03-09
- Featuring guest speaker: Mr. David Lindsey on "Fact, Imagination, and Fictional Integrity: Or Never Trust a Man Who Makes His Living Telling Lies."
- Folder 12: 13th Annual Spring Banquet, 1994-03-01
- Featuring guest speaker: Carolyn Meyer on "Memoirs of a Children's Book Writer: Early Draft."
- Folder 13: 14th Annual Spring Banquet, 1994-08-17-1995-03-21
- Featuring guest speaker: Bruce Cheeseman on "Richard King: Pioneering Capitalism on the Frontier."
- Folder 14: 15th Annual Spring Banquet, 1995-10-1996-05-09
- Featuring guest speaker: Louis Jacobs on "Dinosaur Hunting in Texas."
- Folder 15: 16th Annual Spring Banquet, 1996-11-05-1997-02-28
- Featuring guest speaker: E.R. Milner on "The Lives and Times of Bonnie and Clyde."
- Folder 16: 17th Annual Spring Banquet, 1998-02-25
- Featuring guest speaker: James Ward Lee on "Reading Can Ruin You."
- Folder 17: 18th Annual Spring Banquet, 1999-03-09-1999-06-22
- Featuring guest speaker: Jack Maguire on "'Thank You Mr. President...' Reminiscences and Humorous Stories from Eight Presidents."
- Folder 18: 19th Annual Spring Banquet, 1999-09-17-2000-02-27
- Featuring guest speaker: Stephen Harrison on "Old Friends and New: Decorative Arts at the DMA."
- Folder 19: 20th Annual Spring Banquet, 2000-08-2001-03-26
- Featuring guest speaker: Frank D. Welch on "Philip Johnson and Texas."
- Folder 20: 22nd Annual Spring Banquet, 1999-2003-03-11
- Featuring guest speaker: Brent Phelps on "Sites of Discovery: Photographing the Lewis and Clark Trail."
- Folder 21: 25th Annual Spring Banquet, 2006-02-23
- Folder 22: 26th Annual Spring Banquet, 2007-03-06
- Folder 23: 27th Annual Spring Banquet, 2008-02-03-2008-02-26
- Featuring performers: Joseph Klein with "Three Poems from Felt," Andrew May with "Wandering Through the Same Dream," and Jon Nelson with "They Wash Their Ambassadors in Citrus and Fennel" and " the rain has a slap and a curve."
- Folder 24: 28th Annual Spring Banquet, 2008-12-09-2009-03-05
- Folder 25: 29th Annual Spring Banquet, 2009-09-23-2010-03-12
- Featuring: "A Cinderella Story: Fairy Tales in Arts and Letters" with Dr. Janelle Mathis, The Denton Community Theatre's RoadShow Story Theatre, and members of the Denton Community Theatre.
- Folder 26: UNT Press Chapbooks, 1991-2010-04-08
- Folder 27: Exhibit Openings, 1983-05-02-undated
- Folder 28: New Faculty Event Invitations, 1988-09-01-2002-09-05
- Folder 29: Poets Reading Event Invitations, 1986-03-06-2008-04-17
- Folder 30: Miscellaneous Event Invitations, 1981-10-22-2004-02-25
- Folder 31: Articles and Newspaper Clippings, 1982-12-29-2008-11-06
- Folder 32: Calendars, 1988-undated
- Folder 33: Genealogical Presentation, 2001-09-20-2001-10-27
- Folder 34: Blank Forms and Certificates, undated
- Item 1: "The Fragile Inheritance" Carousel Slides, 1976
- Series 3: "Books and Friends"
- Box 2: Oversized Materials
- This is a multiple collection box that contains materials from the Society of Ethnobiology Records and Donald Grose Records.
- Barcode: 702894
- Series 2: Friends of the Libraries Events and Activities
- Item 1: "Unsent Message to My Brother in His Pain" by Leon Stokesbury, 1986-09-24-1986-09-27
- Item 2: "Farm to Market" by Richard Sale, 1986-09-24-1986-09-27
- Item 3: "The Traveling Onion" by Naomi Shihab Nye, 1986-09-24-1986-09-27
- Item 4: "14 De Julio" by Sandra Cisneros, 1986-09-24-1986-09-27
- Item 5: "The Box" by William D. Barney, 1986-09-24-1986-09-27
- Item 6: "Poetry and Post, Texas" by Betsy Colquitt, 1986-09-24-1986-09-27
- Item 7: "Faith" by Lorenzo Thomas, 1986-09-24-1986-09-27
- Item 8: "You Who Walked Through the Fire" by Harryette Mullen, 1986-09-24-1986-09-27
- Item 9: "The Objects of Immortality" by Pattiann Rogers, 1986-09-24-1986-09-27
- Series 4: Dr. Kate Lynass Files
- Box 3: Dr. Kate Lynass Files
- The files document the activiies of the Friends of the Libraries and Kate Lynass's work on the committee. It shows her joining in 2011, when she served as the second vice-president. She would become the chair in 2013.
- Barcode: 702942
- Folder 1: Cards, undated
- This is a set of greeting cards that show images of A. M. Willis Library.
- Folder 2: Campaign for UNT Folder, 2012
- The folder has documents that outline the work of the committee.
- Folder 3: Kate Lynass: Friends of the Libraries, 2013-2014
- Folder 4: Kate Lynass: Friends of the Libraries, 2013
- Folder 5: Kate Lynass: Friends of the Libraries, 2012
- Folder 6: Kate Lynass: Friends of the Libraries, 2011