Allen and Madeleine Forte Memorial Collection | Music Library
By Maristella Feustle
|Title:||Allen and Madeleine Forte Memorial Collection|
|Primary Creator:||Forte, Allen|
|Arrangement:||Files are presented in the order in which they were found. Where a particularly large file needed to be housed in separate folders, they are numbered (e.g., "folder 1 of 2; 2 of 2"). It is common to find sub-folders "nested" in other folders, or multiple folders in a file. That system of organization has been maintained.|
|Date Acquired:||06/11/2014. More info below under Accruals.|
|Subjects:||musical analysis, music theory, Schenkerian analysis|
Browse by Box:
- [Box 1],
- [Box 2],
- [Box 3],
- [Box 4],
- [Box 5],
- [Box 6],
- [Box 7],
- [Box 8],
- [Box 9],
- [Box 10],
- [Box 11],
- [Box 12],
- [Box 13],
- [Box 14],
- [Box 15: Family photos],
- [Box 16: Sharland Forte],
- [Box 17: Oversize items],
- [Box 18: Oversize items],
- [Box 19: Oversize items],
- [Box 20: Books],
- [Box 21: Books and videocassettes],
- [Box 22],
- [Box 23],
- [Box 24],
- [Box 25: Allen Forte's doctoral cap, gown, and hood],
- [Box 26: March 8, 2016 accrual - 1],
- [Box 27: Set of laminated Schenkerian analyses given as a gift to Allen Forte; two photos of Allen Forte at the piano.]
- Box 5
- Folder 1: Course readings, Music 427A, 2003 Fall - 2004
- Folder 2: David Berry, 2009
- Correspondence and excerpts of festschrift for Forte in Gamut.
- Folder 3: Music Theory, Yesterday and Today, 2009
- Draft of talk given in Beijing.
- Folder 4: Introduction to Schenkerian Analysis - instructor's manual
- First edition (1982), in small green binder.
- Folder 5: Serialism and the Serialists
- List of composers, works by Elizabeth Lutyens and Roberto Gerhard, some correspondence
- Folder 6: Hanyang University, 2005
- Keynote lecture, schedule, drafts.
- Folder 7: Reviews of "Listening to American Popular Song"
- Folder 8: Hauer materials, Robert Weiss, 1994 November
- Materials from Internationales Symposium - Konstruktiver Realismus im Zwolftonspiel, Vienna
- Folder 9: Music Theory Online - banquet lecture, 2002
- File includes 1998 directory of subscribers for the Society for Music Theory, and several newsletters.
- Folder 10: Canada, 2007
- Correspondence with Laurentian and Carleton Universities, with black-and-white printout of group photo.
- Folder 11: Scores: Berg, Webern
- Photocopies in a blue binder.
- Folder 12: Sheet music for standard tunes
- Folder 13: Lecture I, Shanghai, 2009 October
- Folder 14: Pitch-Class Set Analysis Today, 2009 September
- Folder 15: The Magical Kaleidoscope: Schoenberg's First Atonal Masterwork, Opus 11, Number 1, 1981 November
- Published in the Journal of the Arnold Schoenberg Institute. Photocopy.
- Folder 16: Material for China
- Folder 17: Pitch-Class Set Analysis Today, 1985
- Music Analysis Volume 4, Numbers 1-2. Photocopy.
- Folder 18: Messiaen - transcriptions of bird songs with pitch-class set analysis
- Folder 19: Music Theory, Yesterday and Today, 2009 March
- Revised version for March 2009.
- Folder 20: Pitch-class sets - various lists and operations
- Folder 21: Sets and Nonsets in Schoenberg's Atonal Music, 1972 Fall-Winter
- Perspectives of New Music, Fall-Winter 1972, pages 43-64. Photocopy.
- Folder 22: Inversion-invariance vectors
- 12-page computer printout.
- Folder 23: London, Ontario, 2007
- Travel arrangements and correspondence. Program from 2005 lecture-recital at Essex Meadows Concert Series included.
- Folder 24: Introduction to a Theory of Intervallic Harmony: The Summation Vectors
- Article, drafts, and research materials.
- Folder 25: Yale Summer Program, 2007
- Folder 26: Europe, 1999
- Travel arrangements and correspondence.