Allen and Madeleine Forte Memorial Collection | Music Library
By Maristella Feustle
|Title:||Allen and Madeleine Forte Memorial Collection|
|Primary Creator:||Forte, Allen|
|Arrangement:||Files are presented in the order in which they were found. Where a particularly large file needed to be housed in separate folders, they are numbered (e.g., "folder 1 of 2; 2 of 2"). It is common to find sub-folders "nested" in other folders, or multiple folders in a file. That system of organization has been maintained.|
|Date Acquired:||06/11/2014. More info below under Accruals.|
|Subjects:||musical analysis, music theory, Schenkerian analysis|
4 additional boxes received from Madeleine Forte on June 26, 2015.
1 additional box received from Madeleine Forte on March 8, 2016.
1 additional box received from Madeleine Forte on June 8, 2016.
2 additional boxes received from Madeleine Forte on January 3, 2017.
10 additional boxes received from Madeleine Forte on January 10, 2017.
1 additional box received from Madeleine Forte on February 1, 2017.
3 additional boxes received from Madeleine Forte on February 28, 2017.
|Access Restrictions:||Access to this collection is provided only by special arrangement. Please contact the Music Library for more information.|
|Use Restrictions:||Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Music Library. Copyright restrictions may apply.|
|Physical Access Note:||Collection is housed in the UNT Music Library. Advance notice for use is required. Please contact the Music Library for further information.|
|Acquisition Source:||Allen and Madeleine Forte|
|Related Materials:||See also: The Allen Forte Papers at Yale University.|
Browse by Box:
- [Box 1],
- [Box 2],
- [Box 3],
- [Box 4],
- [Box 5],
- [Box 6],
- [Box 7],
- [Box 8],
- [Box 9],
- [Box 10],
- [Box 11],
- [Box 12],
- [Box 13],
- [Box 14],
- [Box 15: Family photos],
- [Box 16: Sharland Forte],
- [Box 17: Oversize items],
- [Box 18: Oversize items],
- [Box 19: Oversize items],
- [Box 20: Books],
- [Box 21: Books and videocassettes],
- [Box 22],
- [Box 23],
- [Box 24],
- [Box 25: Allen Forte's doctoral cap, gown, and hood],
- [Box 26: March 8, 2016 accrual - 1],
- [Box 27: Set of laminated Schenkerian analyses given as a gift to Allen Forte; two photos of Allen Forte at the piano.]
- Box 9
- Folder 1: Harvard, 2007-2008
- Folder 2 of 2.
- Folder 2: Koerner Center, 2006-2007
- Research funding from the Koerner Center for Emeritus Faculty, Yale University.
- Folder 3: Society for Music Theory, New England Conference of Music Theorists, American Musicological Society, 2005-2007
- AMS Newsletters, materials related to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Folder 4: Correspondence with M. Andreatta, 2004-2008
- Institut de Recherche et Coordination Acoustique / Musique (IRCAM).
- Folder 5: Messiaen, 2007
- Correspondence related to publication of "Messiaen's Mysterious Birds" in book Messiaen Studies.
- Folder 6: Marymount College
- Script, program for lecture-recital on Messiaen given by Allen and Madeleine Forte.
- Folder 7: Messiaen's Chords
- Correspondence; M. Simundza article, "Messiaen's Rhythmical Organization and Classical Indian Theory of Rhythm," IRASM 19, 1988.
- Folder 8: Inversion-invariance vectors
- Vectors, older computer program outputs. Folder 1 of 3.
- Folder 9: Inversion-invariance vectors
- Computer program outputs. Folder 2 of 3.
- Folder 10: Inversion-invariance vectors
- Computer program outputs. Folder 3 of 3.
- Folder 11: Genera
- Pitch-class set genera, lists, Snobol program outputs, difference quotient, examples, supergenera. With lead sheet for "How High the Moon."
- Folder 12: Serialism, 2003-2006
- Includes articles, correspondence, newspaper article, list of serialists.
- Folder 13: Music 316b
- Includes class notes, handouts, a score packet, and English translation of the introduction to Schenker's Der Freie Satz.
- Folder 14
- See oversize box.
- Folder 15: Schoenberg media
- Two CDs. One labeled for "S137" musical examples (see also: Box 6, Item 22); second item unlabeled.
- Folder 16: CD-ROM discs of photos
- Eight discs.
- Folder 17: Autobiographical material
- Curriculum vitae, correspondence, writings.
- Folder 18: Multnomah High School; Lincoln High School
- Alumni newsletters, correspondence.
- Folder 19: CD-ROM discs of photos
- Six discs.