Allen and Madeleine Forte Memorial Collection | Music Library
By Maristella Feustle
|Title:||Allen and Madeleine Forte Memorial Collection|
|Primary Creator:||Forte, Allen|
|Arrangement:||Files are presented in the order in which they were found. Where a particularly large file needed to be housed in separate folders, they are numbered (e.g., "folder 1 of 2; 2 of 2"). It is common to find sub-folders "nested" in other folders, or multiple folders in a file. That system of organization has been maintained.|
|Date Acquired:||06/11/2014. More info below under Accruals.|
|Subjects:||musical analysis, music theory, Schenkerian analysis|
4 additional boxes received from Madeleine Forte on June 26, 2015.
1 additional box received from Madeleine Forte on March 8, 2016.
1 additional box received from Madeleine Forte on June 8, 2016.
2 additional boxes received from Madeleine Forte on January 3, 2017.
10 additional boxes received from Madeleine Forte on January 10, 2017.
1 additional box received from Madeleine Forte on February 1, 2017.
3 additional boxes received from Madeleine Forte on February 28, 2017.
|Access Restrictions:||Access to this collection is provided only by special arrangement. Please contact the Music Library for more information.|
|Use Restrictions:||Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Music Library. Copyright restrictions may apply.|
|Physical Access Note:||Collection is housed in the UNT Music Library. Advance notice for use is required. Please contact the Music Library for further information.|
|Acquisition Source:||Allen and Madeleine Forte|
|Related Materials:||See also: The Allen Forte Papers at Yale University.|
Browse by Box:
- [Box 1],
- [Box 2],
- [Box 3],
- [Box 4],
- [Box 5],
- [Box 6],
- [Box 7],
- [Box 8],
- [Box 9],
- [Box 10],
- [Box 11],
- [Box 12],
- [Box 13],
- [Box 14],
- [Box 15: Family photos],
- [Box 16: Sharland Forte],
- [Box 17: Oversize items],
- [Box 18: Oversize items],
- [Box 19: Oversize items],
- [Box 20: Books],
- [Box 21: Books and videocassettes],
- [Box 22],
- [Box 23],
- [Box 24],
- [Box 25: Allen Forte's doctoral cap, gown, and hood],
- [Box 26: March 8, 2016 accrual - 1],
- [Box 27: Set of laminated Schenkerian analyses given as a gift to Allen Forte; two photos of Allen Forte at the piano.]
- Box 14
- Folder 1: Institut de Recherche et Coordination Acoustique / Musique (IRCAM), 2003 October
- Correspondence, travel arrangements, program book.
- Folder 2: "Congrats for professorship", 2000
- Correspondence on the occasion of the establishment of the Allen Forte Professorship of Music Theory
- Folder 3: Yale Summer Program - MUSI S-138, 2006 July 10-August 11
- Topic: "Four major twentieth-century Austrian composers."
- Folder 4: Correspondence, 2006
- Folder 5: Madeleine - Brussels, 2006
- Travel arrangements.
- Folder 6: Additional correspondence, 2006
- Folder 7: Schoenberg course packet - original, circa 2006
- S-137. Includes correspondence.
- Folder 8: Salzburg, 2005
- Audio examples on compact disc - 4 discs.
- Folder 9: Salzburg, 2005
- Course material. Folder 1 of 2.
- Folder 10: Salzburg, 2005
- Course material. Folder 2 of 2.
- Folder 11: Ruggles
- Annotated copy of score pages from Carl Ruggles' Evocations III.
- Folder 12: Webern: Op. 5, No. 3
- Annotated scores, "worksheets."
- Folder 13: Ernst Oster's Letters, 1963-1964
- Folder 14: Travel diaries
- Folder 15: Passports
- Folder 16: Assorted miniature scores
- Beethoven (Lea Pocket Scores 61,62, 63), Brahms (Op. 56a, Eulenberg edition), Handel (Lea Pocket Scores 54, 86), Haydn (Kalmus Miniature Orchestra Scores No. 24), Mussorgsky (Boris Gudonov, Bessel/Breitkopf & Härtel), Schubert (Symphony 8, Philharmonia No. 2).
- Folder 17: Jan Maegaard: Studien zur Entwicklung des dodekaphonen Satzes bei Arnold Schoenberg - I; Notenbeilage, 1972
Copenhagen: Wilhelm Hansen, Music-Forlag. Two volumes.
Includes annotations and errata sheet.
- Folder 18: Tom Johnson: Four-Note Chords in Four Voices; Counting Keys, 2009; 2007
- Score for "Four-Note Chords," piece dedicated to Forte (Paris: Editions 75, 2009); CD insert for Counting Keys (Editions Wandelweiser EWR 0901, 2007).
- Folder 19: Chou Wen-Chung: All in the Spring Wind; And the Fallen Petals; Landscapes; Soliloquy of a Bhiksuni; Yü Ko.
- Miniature scores, except for "Soliloquy." Edition Peters 6225, 6226, 6227, 6228.
- Folder 20: Shyhji Pan-Chew - Chou Wen-Chung: An Introduction to His Music and Thoughts
- Includes photo dated 2009 of Forte and Mrs. Forte with students.
- Folder 21: "Miscellaneous personal"
- Folder 22: Letter from David Lewin, 1987 January 27
- Found in a copy of Lewin's Generalized Musical Intervals and Transformations.