Allen and Madeleine Forte Memorial Collection | Music Library
By Maristella Feustle
|Title:||Allen and Madeleine Forte Memorial Collection|
|Primary Creator:||Forte, Allen|
|Arrangement:||Files are presented in the order in which they were found. Where a particularly large file needed to be housed in separate folders, they are numbered (e.g., "folder 1 of 2; 2 of 2"). It is common to find sub-folders "nested" in other folders, or multiple folders in a file. That system of organization has been maintained.|
|Date Acquired:||06/11/2014. More info below under Accruals.|
|Subjects:||musical analysis, music theory, Schenkerian analysis|
4 additional boxes received from Madeleine Forte on June 26, 2015.
1 additional box received from Madeleine Forte on March 8, 2016.
1 additional box received from Madeleine Forte on June 8, 2016.
2 additional boxes received from Madeleine Forte on January 3, 2017.
10 additional boxes received from Madeleine Forte on January 10, 2017.
1 additional box received from Madeleine Forte on February 1, 2017.
3 additional boxes received from Madeleine Forte on February 28, 2017.
|Access Restrictions:||Access to this collection is provided only by special arrangement. Please contact the Music Library for more information.|
|Use Restrictions:||Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Music Library. Copyright restrictions may apply.|
|Physical Access Note:||Collection is housed in the UNT Music Library. Advance notice for use is required. Please contact the Music Library for further information.|
|Acquisition Source:||Allen and Madeleine Forte|
|Related Materials:||See also: The Allen Forte Papers at Yale University.|
Browse by Box:
- [Box 1],
- [Box 2],
- [Box 3],
- [Box 4],
- [Box 5],
- [Box 6],
- [Box 7],
- [Box 8],
- [Box 9],
- [Box 10],
- [Box 11],
- [Box 12],
- [Box 13],
- [Box 14],
- [Box 15: Family photos],
- [Box 16: Sharland Forte],
- [Box 17: Oversize items],
- [Box 18: Oversize items],
- [Box 19: Oversize items],
- [Box 20: Books],
- [Box 21: Books and videocassettes],
- [Box 22],
- [Box 23],
- [Box 24],
- [Box 25: Allen Forte's doctoral cap, gown, and hood],
- [Box 26: March 8, 2016 accrual - 1],
- [Box 27: Set of laminated Schenkerian analyses given as a gift to Allen Forte; two photos of Allen Forte at the piano.]
- Box 22
- Barcode 707224.
- Folder 1: Article offprints
- Folder 1 of 2.
- Folder 2: Article offprints
- Folder 2 of 2.
- Folder 3: Catalog of the Cole Porter Collection at Yale University, 1982
- Compiled by Tulin Duda.
- Folder 4: Copy of Kurt Weill song collection
- Photocopies in plastic comb binding.
- Folder 5: Indiana Theory Review, Vol. 21, 2000 Spring/Fall
- Inscribed to Forte by David Berry.
- Folder 6: Circuit magazine materials
- Covers and promotional info for Circuit: Revue nord-américaine de musique du XXe siècle (University of Montreal Press).
- Folder 7: Various materials
- Materials on Siglind Bruhn, "Addenda to a Curriculum Vitae," by Walter Kahn, "Wenren and Culture," by Chou Wen-Chung, programs, Les Cahiers de la Societe Quebecoise de recherche en music, Vol. 1, No. 1-2.
- Item 8: Binder: Summation vectors and combinatorial material (computer program output)
- Item 9: Binder: Schenkerian analysis of numerous popular songs, organized by composer
- Item 10: Binder: piano-vocal score of Porgy and Bess
- Item 11: Assorted issues of the Journal of the American Liszt Society, 1993-2007