William Gill World War II War Crimes and POW Collection | Manuscripts
By Perri Hamilton
|Title:||William Gill World War II War Crimes and POW Collection|
|Primary Creator:||William R. Gill|
|Arrangement:||The collection preserves the orgininal order of the papers.|
|Date Acquired:||07/27/1999. More info below under Accruals.|
|Subjects:||World War II|
|Accruals:||99-005, 99-004, 2001-006|
|Access Restrictions:||This collection is not restricted.|
|Use Restrictions:||Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Special Collections department. Copyright restrictions may apply.|
|Physical Access Note:||This collection is stored off-site and requires a minimum of 24 hours notice prior to use.|
|Acquisition Source:||William Gill|
|Related Materials:||William Walker World War II Collection For more information please see http://findingaids.library.unt.edu/index.php?p=collections/controlcard&id=554.|
Browse by Box:
- [Box 1: William R. Gill World War II War Crimes and POW Collection],
- [Box 2: William R. Gill World War II War Crimes and POW Collection],
- [Box 3: William R. Gill World War II War Crimes and POW Collection]
- Box 1: William R. Gill World War II War Crimes and POW Collection
- Barcode: 628593
- Folder 1: Document Group G IV 1
- Index to the documents in this collection and a xerox copy of a clippings from September 1945.
- Folder 2: Document Group G IV 2
- "A Short History of Ofuna POW Camp Documents"
- Folder 3: Document Group G IV 3
- Copies of investigative reports on Ofuna POW camp.
- Folder 4: Document Group G IV 4
- Copies of photographs of Japanese camp personnel.
- Folder 5: Document Group G IV 5
- Copies of camp personnel and identification records.
- Folder 6: Document Group G IV 6
- Copies of War Crimes reports from the Judge Advocate Section, War Crimes Defense.
- Folder 7: Document Group G IV 7
- "Ofuna: Review of Trial and Sentences"
- Folder 8: Document Group G IV 8
- Copy of "Headquarters Eighth Army: Unitest States Army, Office of the Staff Judge Advoacte" This document is dated 4 February, 1949.
- Folder 9: Document Group G IV 9
- "Omori: Review of Trials and Senteces: Sanematsu and Itagaki"
- Folder 10: Document Group G IV 10
- Reports on trial and sentences for the Ofuna Camp.
- Folder 11: Document Group G IV 11 - 12
- Copies of legal documents from 1948.
- Box 2: William R. Gill World War II War Crimes and POW Collection
- Barcode: 628592
- Folder 1: Document Group G V 1-8
- "The Conduct Ilse Koch War Crimes Trial"
- Folder 2: Document Group G VI 1-5
- Copies of documents concerning the 73rd Bombardment Wing.
- Folder 3: Document Group G VI 5-9
- Copies of articles or book chapters on bombardment wings in the Pacific in World War II.
- Folder 4: Document Group VI 10-15
- A xerox copy of "The Army Air Forces in Worl War II: Combat Chronology" compiled by Kit C. Carter and Robert Mueller concerning the Twentieth Air Force. "Historic Maxwell Air Force Base: Driving Tour Booklet"
- Folder 5: Document Group G VI 16
- Copies of "Missing Air Crew Report" and other documents.
- Folder 6: Document Group G VI 17
- These pages are copies of listings of Libraris holding military Information.
- Folder 7: Document Group G VI 18
- Biographical essay, forms, and documents concerning World War II in the pacific.
- Folder 8: Document Group G VI 19, 1998 - 1999
- Ed Barhard's letters to William Gill
- Folder 9: Document Group G VI 19 (b), 1997
- Letters secured as a result of a general search letter which requested help. The letters are from: Sheldon F. Edlridge, Ingrant Hermanson, Harris R. Owens, Mr. Mollwitz, George T. Broscoe, Rowan Kelknap, and Katherine D. Naff.
- Folder 10: Document Group G VI 20, 1997
- Letters between Colonel Rollin C. Reineck and William R. Gill.
- Folder 11: Document Group G VII 1-12
- 1) "A Compilation of Biographical Source Documents Concerning Major William Heral Walker, U. S. Army Air Force (1919-1945) a Prisoner of War in Japan During World War II by William R. Gill and Davis P. Newton and A Biography of Major William H. Walkers by Elizabeth D. Schafer"; 2) "Waler Biography Distribution List"; 3-5) American Red Cross documents and correspondence; 6)Depatment of the Air Force letter; 7)"USS Benevolence, 1945-1947"; 8) "Warrior Without Weapons"; 9) "The Biology of Human Starvation"; 10-11) Broadside requesting information of William H. Walker and correspondence; 12) "Point of No Return."
- Folder 12: Document Group G VII 13
- Jean Balch correspondence that contains documents and a photograph.
- Folder 13: Document Group G VII 14, 1997
- Correspondence between William R. Eustis and William R. Gill.
- Folder 14: Document Group G VII 15, 1999
- This folder contains information on the POW Camp Ofuna and correspondence with Davis P. Newton.
- Folder 15: Document Group G VII 16, 1997
- Correspondence between William R. Gill and Mrs. Jean Walker Voss, Callie Reneker, and Gregory Young (includes photograph).
- Box 3: William R. Gill World War II War Crimes and POW Collection
- Barcode: 642224
- Folder 1: Document Group G VII 17
- This folder contain correspondence between William R. Gill and Richard Sandlin and Sharon Storm.
- Folder 2: Document Group G VII 18
- Letters requesting information on Major William Harold Walker.
- Folder 3: Document Group G VII 19
- Documents and a list of questions by Lisa Schafer.
- Folder 4: Document Group G VII 20, 1997
- Correspondence with William R. Gill and Scott M. Downing.
- Folder 5: Document Group G VII 21, 1997 - 1999
- Correspondence between William R. Gill and Robert F. Goldsworthy.
- Folder 6: Document Group G VII 22, 1996
- A letter from William R. Gill to Governor Harold E. Stassen of Minnesota.
- Folder 7: Document Group G VII 23
- Copies of chapters from the books: "Ba Ba Blacksheep" and "Clear the Bridge!".
- Folder 8: War Crimes Investigations in Japan 1945-1948: A Personal Remembrance, 1995
- The book is by William R. Gill.