William Gill World War II War Crimes and POW Collection | Manuscripts
By Perri Hamilton
|Title:||William Gill World War II War Crimes and POW Collection|
|Primary Creator:||William R. Gill|
|Arrangement:||The collection preserves the orgininal order of the papers.|
|Date Acquired:||07/27/1999. More info below under Accruals.|
|Subjects:||World War II|
|Accruals:||99-005, 99-004, 2001-006|
|Access Restrictions:||This collection is not restricted.|
|Use Restrictions:||Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Special Collections department. Copyright restrictions may apply.|
|Physical Access Note:||This collection is stored off-site and requires a minimum of 24 hours notice prior to use.|
|Acquisition Source:||William Gill|
|Related Materials:||William Walker World War II Collection For more information please see http://findingaids.library.unt.edu/index.php?p=collections/controlcard&id=554.|
Browse by Box:
- [Box 1: William R. Gill World War II War Crimes and POW Collection],
- [Box 2: William R. Gill World War II War Crimes and POW Collection],
- [Box 3: William R. Gill World War II War Crimes and POW Collection]
- Box 1: William R. Gill World War II War Crimes and POW Collection
- Barcode: 628593
- Folder 1: Document Group G IV 1
- Index to the documents in this collection and a xerox copy of a clippings from September 1945.
- Folder 2: Document Group G IV 2
- "A Short History of Ofuna POW Camp Documents"
- Folder 3: Document Group G IV 3
- Copies of investigative reports on Ofuna POW camp.
- Folder 4: Document Group G IV 4
- Copies of photographs of Japanese camp personnel.
- Folder 5: Document Group G IV 5
- Copies of camp personnel and identification records.
- Folder 6: Document Group G IV 6
- Copies of War Crimes reports from the Judge Advocate Section, War Crimes Defense.
- Folder 7: Document Group G IV 7
- "Ofuna: Review of Trial and Sentences"
- Folder 8: Document Group G IV 8
- Copy of "Headquarters Eighth Army: Unitest States Army, Office of the Staff Judge Advoacte" This document is dated 4 February, 1949.
- Folder 9: Document Group G IV 9
- "Omori: Review of Trials and Senteces: Sanematsu and Itagaki"
- Folder 10: Document Group G IV 10
- Reports on trial and sentences for the Ofuna Camp.
- Folder 11: Document Group G IV 11 - 12
- Copies of legal documents from 1948.