Pat Colonna Collection, 1953-2016 | Manuscripts
By Rachel Motes, Catherine Keenan
|Title:||Pat Colonna Collection, 1953-2016|
|Arrangement:||This collection is arranged into three series reflecting stages of Pat Colonna's life. Each series is further arranged by subject.|
|Date Acquired:||04/07/2008. More info below under Accruals.|
|Access Restrictions:||This collection is not restricted.|
|Use Restrictions:||Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Special Collections department. Copyright restrictions may apply.|
|Physical Access Note:||Portions of this collection are stored off-site and require a minimum of 24 hours notice prior to use.|
|Acquisition Source:||Pat Colonna|
|Separated Materials:||In addition to archival material, books were donated and are available through the UNT Library Catalog.|
|Related Materials:||The Portal to Texas History, a free online gateway to Texas history materials, has scans of articles written by Pat Colonna. For more information please see http://texashistory.unt.edu/.|
|Preferred Citation:||Pat Colonna Collection, University of North Texas Special Collections.|
|Finding Aid Revision History:||An accretion was processed by Catherine Keenan on 4/24/17, with additions to Series 3, Box 11 and Series 4, Box 17.|
Browse by Series:
- [Series 1: Pat Colonna],
- [Series 2: Professional Papers],
- [Series 3: Peace Corps],
- [Series 4: Yoga Denton]
- Series 4: Yoga Denton
- Box 17: Papers
- Papers contained within folders 1-6 were taken out of a 2 inch blue 3 ring binder. The placement of these folders follows the original order that the papers were placed in when kept in the binder.
- Barcode: 600757
- Folder 1: Binder Cover Page, 2000
- States that the papers contained within the binder were Yoga Denton lesson plans and handouts that begun on January 10, 2000.
- Folder 2: Beginner 1 – Lessons 1 through 6
- Folder 3: Beginner 2 – Lessons 1 through 6
- Folder 4: Intermediate 1 – Lessons 1 through 6
- Folder 5: Intermediate 2 – Lessons 1 through 6
- Folder 6: Official Letter and Envelope Headers
- Folder 7: Loose Handouts and Lesson Plans
- Handouts include yoga related suggestions, tips, lesson plans, and additional information.
- Folder 8: Mock Brochure
- Folder 9: Business cards
- Folder 10: Business of Yoga Certificate
- Also includes a photograph of Pat Colonna accepting the certificate with October 1999 written in black marker on the back.
- Folder 11: Holiday Card
- Folder 12: Lex Gillan’s Business of Yoga Class, 1999
- Also includes a photograph of all class participants with a note identifying who is who.
- Folder 13: History and Ephemera, 1999-2016
- Correspondence and a written history of Yoga Denton authored by Pat Colonna.
- Folder 14: License Plate
- A license plate belonging to Pat Colonna.
- Folder 15: Newspapers, 1999-2008
- Newspaper articles cocnerning Pat Colonna and Yoga Denton ranging from its opening in 1999 to its progress in 2008.
- Folder 16: Printouts
- Printouts and brochures about Yoga Denton activities and events.
- Folder 17: Photographs, 1999
- Photographs of the staff and a few patrons of Yoga Denton, one of which being decidedly dated in 1999.