The Dallas Way Small Collections | Manuscripts
By E. Aparicio
|Title:||The Dallas Way Small Collections|
|Arrangement:||Arranged chronologically by accession date.|
|Date Acquired:||00/00/2014. More info below under Accruals.|
Browse by Box:
- [Box 1]
- Box 1
- Barcode: 708154
- Folder 1: Molly Behannon Collection (The Dallas Way), 1986-1987; undated
Accession number: 2014-42
Contains materials from a production of The Magic of Peter Pan: A Campy Musical Comedy including an envelope of photographs; program; script; rehearsal schedule; show outline and cast listing; list of songs and scene blocking; and a picture of Ginger Taylor.
- Folder 2: Michael Anglin Collection (The Dallas Way), 1995-1996
Accession Number: 2015-003
Items in this collection include collecector's edition Harvey Milk stamps and stamped envelopes; a clipping from the New York Times National, February 27, 1996, titled "Homosexulaity Still Questioned by the Military"; a copy of "Conduct Unbecoming: The Second Annual Report on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Pursue" Violations," which is dated March 1, 1995-February 27, 1996; and a photo John Thomas.
Also included in the Anglin collection are two VHS tapes, "After Goodbye" and "Finding Our Voice: The Dallas Gay and Lesbian Community," as well as DVD copies of the VHS titles.
- Folder 3: Michael Anglin Collection (The Dallas Way), 1995-1996
- Folder 4: Leza Mesiah Collection (The Dallas Way), 1980-1986
Accession Number: 2015-004
Items in this collection include two issues of Blaze magazine from February and June 1986; circulars, catalogs, and newsletters from Half the Sky ( editors: Linda Berman and Johncy Mundo) which are dated from 1981-1985; and the complete set of Womansight newspapers, dated from 1980-1982.
This folder contains the issues of Blaze magazine.
- Folder 5: Leza Mesiah Collection (The Dallas Way), 1980-1986
- Folder includes all Half the Sky materials.
- Folder 6: Leza Mesiah Collection (The Dallas Way), 1980-1986
- Folder includes Womansight newspapers from 1980.
- Folder 7: Leza Mesiah Collection (The Dallas Way), 1980-1986
- Folder includes Womansight newspapers from 1981.
- Folder 8: Leza Mesiah Collection (The Dallas Way), 1980-1986
- Folder includes Womansight newspapers from 1982.
- Folder 9: Mary Franklin Collection (The Dallas Way), 1983-2002
Accession Number: 2015-005
Items in this collection include the following materials which were housed in a blue binder: certificates and honors for Mary Franklin; writings of and correspondence to Mary Franklin; a Copy of AIDS update from May 1983; clippings relating to DIFFA 1993, Mary Franklin and the Food Pantry of AIDS Resource Center; materials relating to the 2002 Extra Mile Awards and The Experience Weekend; as well as photos of events and people in the GLBT community.
Also included in this collection is a Texas Gay Rodeo Association (TGRA) Grand Marshal Sash.
- Folder 10: Mary Franklin Collection (The Dallas Way), 1983-2002
- Folder includes part two of the binder of materials.
- Folder 11: Mary Franklin Collection (The Dallas Way), 1983-2002
- Texas Gay Rodeo Association (TGRA) Grand Marshal Sash
- Folder 12: Terry Stone Collection (The Dallas Way), 1992; 1993; undated
Accession number: 2015-009
9 metal buttons related to GLBT causes and events
· 1.5" white background with red text: "The Buddy Project/Be A Buddy/Oak Lawn Community Services"
· 2 1" buttons reading "DIFFA" (first button is white with red text, second is red with white text). DIFFA is an abbreviation for Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS (an organization with chapters in Dallas, New York City, Chicago, Kansas City, San Francisco and Seattle).
· 2.25” black and white with text “All I want is the cure and my friends back”
· 1.5” white background with blue and red text: “Bill Nelson City Council”
· 2.25” white background with black and red text: “Oak Lawn Community Services” and services provided listed.
· 2.25” white background with black text: “High Hopes/Health, Happiness, & Wellness”
· 3” light purple background with dark purple and teal text: “Dallas Life Walk/10-K Walk a thon/October 4, 1992/214-443-WALK”
· 3.5” black background with white outline of Texas state outline and pink text: “Dallas/March on Washington ’93”