Hugh Ayer Papers, 1950-1990 | University Archives
By Amanda McMillan
|Title:||Hugh Ayer Papers, 1950-1990|
|Primary Creator:||Hugh Ayer (1924 - 2014)|
|Arrangement:||This collection is arranged by material and subject type; i.e. correspondence, class assignments, lists of books, etc. are all foldered seperately.|
|Date Acquired:||00/00/1992. More info below under Accruals.|
|Subjects:||Ayers, Hugh, Nolen, Calvin Cleave, University of North Texas|
Browse by Box:
- [Box 1]
- Box 1
- Papers of NTSU history professor, Dr. Hugh Ayer.
- Barcode: 642090
- Folder 1: Dr. Hugh Ayer Obituary, 2014-07-14
- Folder 2: George Washington Poster, 1951
- Print of "General Order Issued by General George Washington in New Your, July 1776"
- Folder 3: Bibliographies, 1950-undated
- Student written bibliography papers.
- Folder 4: Lists of Research Books, 1972-1975
- Folder 5: Class Assignments and Syllabus, 1963-undated
- Folder 6: List of Transparencies; Time article, 1955-undated
- Folder 7: American Colonial Parliamentary Legislation Outline, undated
- An outline of information for a history class.
- Folder 8: University Seal Design, 1980
- Notes, correspondence, and printed designs of the university seal with constructive criticism. The university seal was to be used on awards, documents, and on the university mace.
- Folder 9: University Stage Design Blueprints, 1980
- Blue Print: Moved to map case folder: 642106
- Folder 10: Correspondence (1 of 2), 1965
- Folder 11: Correspondence (2 of 2), 1966-1980
- Folder 12: Inauguration Documents, 1980-1987
- Correspondence, notes, and lists that document the process of a presidential inauguration at the University of North Texas.
- Folder 13: Inauguration, 1980
- Correspondence, lists, invitations, and plans that document the inauguration of President Vandiver.
- Folder 14: Inauguration of President Nolen, 1971
- Speeches, press releases, correspondence, a program for Nolen's inauguration, a program for President Calgaard's inauguration at Trinity University, and photographs (Nolen prepared for the inaugural ceremony by Texas Governor Preston Smith and Lieutenant Govenor Ben Barnes; Board of Regents Chair A. M. Willis presents President C. C. Nolen with a ten carat medallion).
- Folder 15: "A National Program for the Publication of the Papers of American Leaders", 1951