Simon Bucharoff Collection | Music Library
By Maristella Feustle
|Title:||Simon Bucharoff Collection|
|Primary Creator:||Bucharoff, Simon (1881-1955)|
|Arrangement:||Organized into ten series: (1) Scores; (2) Oversized scores; (3) Published works by Simon Bucharoff; (4) Libretti and other writings; (5) Correspondence and papers; (6) Photographs, clippings, and publicity; (7) Works by other authors and composers; (8) Isadore Buchhalter; (9) Realia; and (10) Documentation from the University of Houston.|
|Subjects:||Bucharoff, Simon, 1881-1955|
Browse by Series:
- [Series 1: Scores],
- [Series 2: Oversized scores],
- [Series 3: Published works by Simon Bucharoff],
- [Series 4: Libretti and other writings],
- [Series 5: Correspondence and papers],
- [Series 6: Photographs, clippings, and publicity],
- [Series 7: Works by other authors and composers],
- [Series 8: Isadore Buchhalter],
- [Series 9: Realia],
- [Series 10: Documentation from the University of Houston]
- Series 6: Photographs, clippings, and publicity
- Box 1
- Folder 1: Biographical and promotional materials
- Folder 2: Sakahra materials
- Folder 3: Sakahra photo prints
- Folder 4: Carnegie Hall materials, 1928
- From the performance of Bucharoff's works under Willem Mengelberg at Carnegie Hall.
- Folder 5: Brochure: "Simon Bucharoff: Master Musician"
- Promotes Bucharoff's work as a teacher, lecturer, and composer. Los Angeles address written on one copy.
- Box 2
- Barcode 5000865313.
- Folder 1: Other promotional materials and programs
- Includes the program from the performance at the Hollywood Bowl of Bucharoff's Scene de Ballet from Sakahra.
- Folder 2: Clippings - General
- Folder 3: Clippings for "Wisdomites"
- Clippings of significant and illustrative episodes in Bucharoff's life and world events, apparently compiled while preparing The Wisdomites (See Series 4, Box 2, Folders 40-41.)
- Folder 4: Clippings for "Wisdomites" continued
- Folder 5: Photographs