Hubert Kessler Collection | Music Library
By Maristella Feustle
|Title:||Hubert Kessler Collection|
|Primary Creator:||Kessler, Hubert (1898-1985)|
|Subjects:||music theory, Plato. Phaedo — Criticism and interpretation|
|Languages:||English, German, Greek,Ancient(to1453)|
Browse by Box:
- Box 3
- Folder 1: Plato's Parmenides - contents
- Typed. Single sheet, numerous copies.
- Folder 2: Stenzel, Studien zur Entwicklung der Platonischen Dialektik, pages 12-13
- Folder 3: Plotinus
- Folder 4: Notes, organized by page number
- In German.
- Folder 5: Notes - "reality"
- Folder 6: Notes and arguments in logical notation
- Folder 7: Parmenides - third deduction, 1963 September
- Folder 8: A Discussion: [Beethoven's] Trios Op. 70 Nos. 1 and 2 for violin, violoncello, and piano
By Dr. Hubert Kessler and Ron Kingsley.
File includes page of notation on staff paper found adjacent.
- Folder 9: Notes on Plato's Parmenides, Kratylus, Euthyphro
- Folder 10: Phaedo - draft, 1966
- Folder 11: Plato's Method of Division
A. First paper
B. New treatment (including analysis of all 7 definitions of Sophist)
- Folder 12: A. Politicus (first paper); B. "rev. Pol."; C. Amplified translation; D. "Pol. discussion"; E. Addendum, circa 1975
- Section D dated August 1975; Section E dated 1975.
- Folder 13: Plotinus - Structure of Sensible World: VI / I, II, III.
- Folder 14: Letter to Dr. Marcovich; notes, 1979 January 16
- Folder 15: Statesman, circa 1975
- A. First paper; B. Revision; C. Amplified translation; D. Discussions of "corrections" of first deninition; E. Addenda, 1975.
- Folder 16: Typed version of letter to Dr. Marcovich; notes, 1979 January 16
- Folder 17: Die Grundlage der Methode Leschetizky, 1924
B. Schott's Söhne, Mainz. 80 + xxiv pages.
Autographed by Malwine Bree at Vienna, April 1925
- Folder 18: Fundamentals of Music Theory by Kessler and Stiven
- Folder 19: "Notes 8" - on Parmenides
- Folder 20: Sketches; Variationonen über "Happy Birthday" - Rudolf Haken, 1980 October 14; circa 1981
- Folder 21: Spiral music manuscript notebook with "G. Busey" on front
- Folder 22: Two Sherwood's Harmony Tablets
- One slightly used, one blank, with used pages removed.
- Folder 23: "Tumbler" notebook with University of Illinois seal - music theory
- Folder 24: Chapter II: Sentence by sentence discussion of the Deuteros Plous passage
- Folder 25: Deuteros Plous, Chapter I (Phaedo, second part)
- Folder 26: Plotinus
- Folder 27: Notes; letter from "Max", undated; 1971 October 6
- Folder 28: Notes in red folder, with first page in Greek