Beulah Harriss Papers, 1932-1951 | University Archives
By Perri Hamilton
|Title:||Beulah Harriss Papers, 1932-1951|
|Primary Creator:||Beulah Harriss (1889-1977)|
|Arrangement:||The papers are in the order they were received in.|
Browse by Box:
- [Box 1: Beulah Harriss Papers]
- Box 1: Beulah Harriss Papers
- Box: 642364
- Folder 1: Correspondence, 1938
- Correspondence between J. W. "Dad" Pender and L. I. Smith regarding a fight that broke out after a basketball game between the North Texas and East Texas State Teachers College players.
- Folder 2: Athletic Council, 1945, no date
- Lists, statistics, and meeting minutes concerning the athletic program at North Texas are part of the contents of this folder. A clipping and correspondence concerning the the Lone Star Athletic Conference make up the contents of this folder.
- Folder 3: Lone Star Conference, 1932, 1938, 1941, 1945, 1946
- Meeting minutes of the Lone Star Conferece and minutes for the faculty representatinve of the Lone Star Conference, and a report, "The Results of a Study of Athletic Awards in Teachers Colleges," are held in this folder.
- Folder 4: Certifiactes, no date
- Examples of certifiacates from other institutions that were provided by the Charles H. Elliott Company to the Athletic Department at North Texas.
- Folder 5: Yell Leaders, no date
- "Information Concerning Yell Leaders" provided as look at the organization, awards, and student membership of the group that preceded UNT cheerleaders.
- Folder 6: Lone Star Athletic Council, 1940, 1945, 1948, 1950, 1951
- "The Official Handbook of the Lone Star Athletic Conference" for 1940 and 1945, results of a vote taken by members, handwritten minutes, and Athletic Council list of students recommended for awards make up the contents of this folder.
- Folder 7: Women's Athletic Association and the Athletic Council, 1932, no date
- Documents that concern the Women's Athletic Association and the work of the Athletic Council as regards the athletic program at North Texas.
- Folder 8: Certificates, no date
- Examples of certificates created for various college athletic programs by the Charles H. Elliot Company.
- Folder 9: Correspondence, 1932, 1939, 1943, no date
- This folder contains a ad for a journal, a program for the dedication of Farrington Field in Fort Worth, Texas, and correspondence and minutes concerning the athletic council as well as the awarding of athletic awards.