David Jones Eddleman Collection, 1854-1955 | Manuscripts
By Catherine Keenan
|Title:||David Jones Eddleman Collection, 1854-1955|
|Arrangement:||The collection is arranged in four boxes by material type. One box contains materials from other collections, as described in the box contents.|
Browse by Box:
- [Box 1810: Correspondence, Personal Notes, Documents, Literary Productions, Printed Material and Photographs],
- [Box 1810a: Print Box, Sink Mat],
- [Box 1810b: Photographs],
- [Box 1810-1816: Oversize]
- Box 1810: Correspondence, Personal Notes, Documents, Literary Productions, Printed Material and Photographs
- Barcode: 704412
- Folder 1: Correspondence: Mischelaneous Letters (1911- Dec. 13, 1955; Undated)
- Folder 2: Correspondence: Letters to Pearl Eddleman (Dec. 4, 1922- Dec. 13, 1955; Undated)
- Folder 3: Correspondence: Letter from Robert Eddleman to Cynthia Ann Douthitt Eddleman (Sep. 12, 1854)
- Folder 4: Correspondence: Cards - Wedding Invitations
- Folder 5: Documents: Birth Certificates
- Folder 6: Personal Notes
- Folder 7: Literary Productions: Autobiography of the (?) by David J. Eddleman (pages 1-18)
- Folder 8: Literary Productions: Autobiography of the (?) by David J. Eddleman (pages 19-27, 29-39)
- Folder 9: Literary Productions: Autobiography of the (?) by David J. Eddleman (pages 40-43, 46-69)
- Folder 10: Literary Productions: "Family Record" by Pearl Eddleman
- Folder 11: Literary Productions: "A Sketch of the Life of David J. Eddleman & Mary Daugherty Eddleman" by Ora Eddleman Reed
- Folder 12: Literary Productions: "Early History of the Eddleman Family"
- Folder 13: Literary Prdouctions: Geneaology
- Folder 14: Documents: Wills
- Folder 15: Literary Productions: "Peter Eddleman's Family Record"
- Folder 16: Literary Productions: An Unidentified Narrative by David J. Eddleman
- Folder 17: Printed Material: Clippings
- Folder 18: Printed Material: The Lord's Prayer in Cherokee Characters
- Folder 19: Photographs
- Box 1810a: Print Box, Sink Mat
- Barcode: 706540
- Item 1: Daugherty House (1 of 2)
- Photo of what is noted on the image as the Daughtry House in Old Alton, Denton County, Texas, built by James Madison Daughtry in 1851 or 1852.
- Item 2: Daugherty House (2 of 2)
- Another photo of the Daughtry house, this time with no notes written on the edges of the image.
- Item 3: Myrta Eddleman Sams' Home
- Photo of Myrta Eddleman Sams' house, inscription reading, "The house where I was born- North Locus St. Denton, Texas."
- Item 4: Untitled Photograph
- A photo of an old home in a field with an adult and child figure on the porch and another person sitting inside.
- Box 1810b: Photographs
- NOTE: This box contains the Garrison Family Papers, the Thomas Whitfield Davidson Collection, the Lillian Gunter Family Papers and the David Jones Eddleman Collection. This box is housed in the Special Collections Department in the Willis Library and shelved in flat storage under the Garrison Family Papers with a Collection Number of HM.22.
- Barcode: 642568
- Item 1: June 1, 1923
- Transcribed on the back of the photo: "Evie, Callie, June 1 - 1923"
- Item 2: December 21, 1906
- Transcribed on the back of the photo: "Mrs. Mary Eddleman Jones, 95 years old, on Dec. 21 - 1906"
- Item 3: November 22, 1923
- Transcribed on the back of the photo: "Porter Eddleman, Porter-Lee, Marie, Jack, M.F. Eddleman, 9-22-23"
- Item 4: June 1, 1923 (1 of 2)
- Transcribed on the back of the photo: "Hugh Alston, June 1-23"
- Item 5: June 1, 1923 (2 of 2)
- Transcribed on the back of the photo: "M.F. Eddleman June 1-23"
- Box 1810-1816: Oversize
- Barcode: 706478