Historical Collection - Collected Materials | University Archives
|Title:||Historical Collection - Collected Materials|
The individual collections are divided into the following series: general, subject headings, business and organizations, university materials, photographs, negatives and slides, and artifacts.
The individual collections are arranged based on their unique contents.
Browse by Series:
- [Series 1: General],
- [Series 2: Subject Headings],
- [Series 3: Businesses and Organizations],
- [Series 4: University Materials],
- [Series 5: Photographs],
- [Series 6: Negatives and Slides],
- [Series 7: Artifacts],
- [Series 8: Reel to Reel Tapes]
- Series 7: Artifacts
- Box 42: Coins - All Over the World
- Barcode: 706512
- Box 43: Stereoptican Viewer
- Barcode: 706071
- Box 56: Hat Pins
- Barcode: 642152
- Item 1: Hat Pin (77.23.99)
- Black plastic or bakelite multi-faceted head on a hat pin. The metal shaft is rusted.
- Item 2: Hat Pin (N.17)
- Round, brass top with "BS" on it, with a brass shaft.
- Item 3: Hat Pin (N.21)
- A sheild shaped top with the image of a clipper ship and building on it. It has a brass shaft.
- Item 4: Hat Pin (N.18)
- Flower shaped head with rhinestones decorating the center and each petal.
- Item 5: Hat Pin (47.15)
- Small, white, glass toped head; stem and pin have blue cast to them.
- Item 6: Hat Pin (N.20)
- Round, smoked white, glass head on the pin; shaft is rusty. The head looks white from the top and almost clear from the side.
- Box 57: Carroll Collection
- This box is kept in the Special Collection's vault.
- Barcode: 642151
- Folder 1: Telegram (N.27), 1882/10/1
- Telegram on railroad pass for Mrs. Carroll and daughter to El Paso. "To J. R. Armstron, Agent Denton; This telegram coutersigned by you will pass Mrs. Carroll and Daughter from Denton to El Paso and return good until oct. 1st 1882, request by J. C. Brown."
- Folder 2: Railroad Pass (N.31, N.39) and Ticket (N.33), 1833 and no date
- N.31 = Rectangula shaped railroad ticket for "St. Louis, Iron Mountain and Southern, Texas and Pacific Railway, International and Great Northern RR." The pass is for J. A. Carroll and wife. N.33 = Railroad ticket, rectangualr, for the "International and Great Northern Railroad." Light blue ink stains on the ticket. N.39 = Railroad pass: "Houston and Texas Central Railway Co." that is dated 1883, from the "Fort Worth and Denver City Railway Co."
- Folder 3: Railroad Pass (N.40, N.42), Meal Ticket (N.43), 1882, 1883
- N.40 = Railroad pass: rectangualr railroad pass, dated 1883, fromthe "Fort Worth and Dencer City Railway Co." N.42 = Railroad pass: Missouri Pacific Railway Co. quarterly pass. Pass was issued to J. A. Carroll for use between Denton and Dallas; No. 377; December 31, 1882. N.43 = Meal Ticket: Rectangular meal ticket for J. A. Carroll and his wife. Room #172; B.D.S. (Breakfast, Dinner, Supper) for M[onday] - F[riday] and Breakfast punched on Saturday. Date: October 1, 1883.
- Folder 4: Name Cards (N.46, N.47), Conductor's Check (N.48, N.49), no date
- N.46 = Seven rectangular name cards for J. A. Carroll from Denton, Texas. N.47 = One name card with J. E. (?) Mulford, "Southern." N.48 = Conductor's Check stub from "international and Great Northern RR", number "1150," which is light brown in color. N.49 = Conductor's Check stub from Denton to El Paso.
- Folder 5: Personnal Message (N.50), no date
- White paper that has turned brown with a private massage to Mr. Carroll from M. Dermont (McDermott). The paper has holes or is torn in three places.
- Box 58: Clothing
- Barcode: 642150
- Item 1: Camisole (83.18.6)
- This item is identified in the Historical Collection records as a corset cover. It has a peplum hem with a stay tract waist. Sleeveless with scalloped neckline and arms. It has floral eyelet pattern and closses in front with four mother of pearl buttons.
- Item 2: Bustle (37.24)
- Woven wire bustle, cresennt shaped, cloth strap with metal buckel on one end. The straps are fraying.
- Box 59: Branding Irons
- Barcode: 642149
- Box 61: The Confederate States of America Dollar Bills
- Barcode: 642180
- Folder 1: The State of Arkansas Five Dollar Bill, 02-09-1861
- Folder 2: The Confederate States of America Twenty Dollar Bill, 02-09-1861
- Note: Has "1615 - Billie Faye James" written on the back in what appears to be black ink from a pen
- Folder 3: The Confederate States of America Ten Dollar Bill, 17-02-1864