John Briggs Scrapbook Collection (The Dallas Way), 1945-1992 | University of North Texas Special Collections
By S. Ivie
|Title:||John Briggs Scrapbook Collection (The Dallas Way), 1945-1992|
|Arrangement:||This collection is arranged by date.|
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Barcode: 642763
- Folder 1: Personal, Business, Travel, 1945-61
- Contains color photographs, black and white photographs of the parents of John Briggs, tickets, a registration certificate for Selective Service, "Snake Pit, 1945-1960," photographs of life in the U.S. Army, clippings, "first solo apartment," black and white photographs of 26 inch snowfall in New York in December of 1947, horse races, work with Atlas Supply Company, a New York City Driver's License, membership cards, letters, envelopes, a baseball schedule, "D.A.L." Aldredge, Judy Holliday, David Oppenheim, Harold Lang, Tanaquil le Clercq, John and Muriel Briggs, Mark Malkovich, Jim Massey, Jim Gardner, Rob Scarry, Coe Glade, a charicature drawing of John Briggs, Dallas in 1954, work in the visual aids department at the Met Life home office in New York, stickers, coasters, New Orleans in 1957, drawings, a Lola Albright photograph, trainee photographs, Walt Gallocher, Karl Kreder, Stamp Club, President's Luncheon, Oreste Abstengo, Catherine Carroll, cartoons, Metco Stamp Club, and the Advanced Management Conference Group photograph.
- Folder 2: Personal, 1961-1965
- Contains color photographs of Port Washington, New Year's Eve, labels, stamps, handwritten notes, clippings, tickets, black and white photographs of John Briggs in a classroom setting, cartoons, Postal History Society photographs, a color photograph of Franklin Delano Roosevelt's grave, "The Metamorphosis of Edward Murphy," Plymouth, Indiana, Chicago, "The Saab Story," Saratoga Racing Centennial, "Jeff's Farewell Party," Life Advertiser's Association 30th Annual Meeting, family photographs and other records of travel with friends, as well as for business.
- Folder 3: Wien, Paris, Budapest, 1969-1970
- Contains color photographs, tickets, opera programs, menus, business cards, stamps, notes, membership cards, wine labels, reciepts, postcards, coasters, clippings, photographs of the construction of the 1972 Olympic Stadium, images of Richard Wagner's house, a coin, stickers and other records of travel throughout Europe.