Texas Brigade, Society of the Descendants of Washington's Army at Valley Forge Papers | University of North Texas Special Collections
By Emily Aparicio
|Title:||Texas Brigade, Society of the Descendants of Washington's Army at Valley Forge Papers|
|Arrangement:||The papers are arranged by document genre and arranged chronologically within the assigned genre, if dated.|
|Date Acquired:||12/17/2015. More info below under Accruals.|
Browse by Box:
- Box 1: Papers
- Barcode: 663072
- Folder 1: Bylaws, 1998-2003
- Folder 2: History, undated-2000
- Folder 3: Meetings, 2006-2014
- Item 1: Meeting - College Station, TX, 2006
- Item 2: Meeting - San Antonio, TX, 2007
- Item 3: Society Encampment, 2007-06
- Item 4: Meeting - Spring, TX, 2009
- Item 5: Society Encampment - Valley Forge, PA, 2011-06
- Item 6: Meeting - Denton, TX, 2011
- Item 7: Society Encampment - Valley Forge, PA, 2012-06
- Item 8: Meeting - Huntsville, TX, 2012
- Item 9: Grave Marking - Winchester, VA, 2013-05
- Grave marking was by member of Valley Forge ancestor.
- Item 10: Society Encampment - Valley Forge, PA, 2013-06
- Item 11: Meeting - Castroville, TX, 2013
- Includes information on Hereditary Societies meeting held in San Antonio, TX.
- Item 12: Meeting - Waco, TX, 2014
- Folder 4: Minutes, 1998-2007
- Folder 5: Photographs - Meetings, 2007-2014
- This folder contains photographs that were filed in with meeting information. Photographs grouped by meeting date on orginal sleeve in binder.
- Folder 6: Photographs - Minutes, 1999-2003
- This folder contains photographs that were filed in with minutes information. Photographs grouped by date on orginal sleeve in binder.
- Folder 7: Scholarships, undated
- Information on Society award for high school students, scholarships for Society members, and on Society award for elementary students.
- Box 2
- Barcode: 663071
- Item 1: Mounted poster - Duportail's Map of Valley Forge, undated
- Includes information about the map on back of mat board. Map is a publication of the Valley Forge Park Interpretative Association.
- Item 2: Charter of the Texas Brigade, 1990-05-19
- Charter was approved by Commander-in-Chief Betty Brown Miller, Adjutant General Judy Howard Fulton, and Texan Lucius J. Polk, IV.