Jasmine Rudd Burks Collection | University of North Texas Special Collections
By Mandi McMillan
|Title:||Jasmine Rudd Burks Collection|
|Arrangement:||Organized according to material content and subject.|
|Date Acquired:||03/00/2016. More info below under Accruals.|
|Repository:||University of North Texas Special Collections|
|Acquisition Source:||JoAnn Burks Boyd|
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Barcode: 642218
- Folder 1: NTSU Publications
- Item 1: 75th Anniversary Bulletin of North Texas State University, 1965-02
- Publication about the physical features of the NTSU campus, as well as the enrollment characteristicsn and information about what the university offers to students.
- Item 2: North Texas State University Homecoming Pamphlet, 1951-11-01 – 1951-11-09
- A detailed schedule of events taking place during homecoming weekend at NTSU on November 6-9, 1951.
- Item 3: Fight, North Texas Sheet Music, no date
- Sheet music by for the song "Fight, North Texas" by Floyd Graham and his Aces of Collegeland.
- Item 4: NTSU Alma Mater Song, Copyright 1969
- Sheet Music for the NTSU Alma Mater song, "Glory to the Green and White."
- Folder 2: Poem Journal, 1925
- Journal created by Miss Burks that begins with an introduction saying that it will contain the recorded minutes of Burks' senior class meetings at the Demonstration school, though very few pages contain minutes. The majority of the journal is original poems by Burks and clippings of newspaper poems.
- Folder 3: Photographs of Jasmine Rudd Burks, 1925, 1928
- Item 1: Demonstration School Group Yearbook Photo, 1925
- Three pages of Burks' senior yearbook from the Demonstration school. One page contains a group photo of her with classmates.
- Item 2: Jasmine Rudd (Burks) and Joe Burks, 1928
- Photocopy of Jasmine Rudd Burks sitting with Joe Burks, who would later be her husband, on a bench on the NTSU campus.
- Box 2: Green Jacket and Cap
- Barcode: 642107
- Item 1: Green Jacket Cap, circa 1925
- One green and white striped beanie with green turned up sides and back and a green button on top. There is writing on the leather band around the interior of the cap. The name "Rudd" is at the back of the leather band.
- Item 2: Jacket, circa 1925
- A jacket worn by members of the Green Jacket organization. The Green Jackets were a spirit and service organization at the University of North Texas. They worked registration, blood drives, among other activities on campus. The jacket is green with white trim, two large white buttons, the letter "T" on one side, and an eagle patch. The trim is stained and the jacket has holes in it.
- Item 3: Pin, 1925
- One brass pin decorated in the center with an eagle with his wings spread wide; below is the date (1925) and above a rectangular bar with "Green Jackets" on it.