Rhodes Baker Papers | Music Library
By Maristella Feustle
|Title:||Rhodes Baker Papers|
|Arrangement:||The papers are partially organized, but also contain considerable duplicate material; the arrangement is complicated by early attempts -- some 40 years ago -- to make sense of collection and catalog the recordings which came with it, which saw UNT materials and notes shuffled in with Baker's materials. The collection also includes considerable documentation of stages of assessment and organization in the early 1970s, the early 1990s, and 2008-2009.|
|Subjects:||Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974, Jazz|
|Access Restrictions:||Access to this collection is provided only by special arrangement. Please contact the Music Library for more information.|
|Use Restrictions:||Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Music Library. Copyright restrictions may apply.|
|Physical Access Note:||Collection is housed in the UNT Music Library. Advance notice for use is required. Please contact the Music Library for further information.|
|Related Materials:||See also: the Dennis Askey Papers For more information please see http://findingaids.library.unt.edu/index.php?p=collections/marc&id=276.|
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Barcode 706929.
- Folder 1: Correspondence, circa 1967
- Photocopies of correspondence with record dealers and auction houses.
- Folder 2: Correspondence, continued, circa 1967
- Folder 3: Ellington orchestra personnel
- Lists from various sources.
- Folder 4: Ellington clippings
- Folder 5: Ellington recordings
- Folder 6: Ellington bibliography
- Folder 7: Assorted papers
- Folder 8: Assorted papers, continued
- Folder 9: Listing of selected tune titles organized by record label
- Folder 10: Index according to Jepsen's Ellington discography
- Folder 11: Assorted discographical sources; list of unreleased titles
- Folder 12: Discographical sources, continued
- Folder 13: "Missing DE items"
- Folder 14: Discography duplicates
- Folder 15: Handwritten notes; labels for "Rose LPs"
- Folder 16: Index cards; "non-Ellington sides"; "index in prep"
- Folder 17: Materials from periodicals, catalog pages, additional envelope of Ellington newspaper clippings
- Folder 18: Blank pages and empty envelopes
- Folder 19: UNT Music Library documentation
- Folder 20: UNT catalog lists and card proofs
- Folder 21: UNT binder of organized documentation from Baker, circa 1990
- Copied from Baker's papers; compiled as part of an initial effort to digitize recordings.
- Item 22: "Miscellaneous data" binder compiled by Baker
- Includes: Index to Ellington Non-Commercial Material; an index of V-discs; Ellington Air-Shots Recorded on Shellac; Ellington 12" LPs; "Complete List of Multiple Master Recordings."