Samuel Marino Collection, 1927-2002 | Manuscripts
By Perri Hamilton
|Title:||Samuel Marino Collection, 1927-2002|
|Primary Creator:||Dr. Samuel Joseph Marino (1916-2010)|
|Arrangement:||The items are arranged by type.|
|Date Acquired:||00/00/1991. More info below under Accruals.|
Browse by Series:
- Series 2: Artifacts
- Box 5: Artifacts
- Barcode: 614608
- Item 1: Boots, circa 1940s
- Brown leather boots worn by enlisted me in the United States Army during World War II. There are grommets (five on each side) for laces. The left boot has no laces and the right boot has leather laces. The top of the boot has a wrap around piece of leather with two strips of leather with grommets tha can be secured with two buckles. One buckle has come off the left boot. The boots are size 7 1/2 D.
- Item 2: Coin, 1984
- Green colored commemorative coin for the Italian Village of the 1984 Louisiana World Exposition. One side of the coin shows two gondoral bows.
- Item 3: Button, 1977
- "Texas Folklife Festival; UTSA Institute of Texan Cultures; Aug. (August) 4-7, 1977" The button has a white backgrouns, black lettering, and five figures gathered around a picnic table.
- Box 100686: Artifacts, Oversize
- Contains World War II coat, and a "Sons of Italy" t-shirt.
- Barcode: 628248
- Item 1: Tee Shirt, undated
- A white tee shirt with a green oval on the chest that has an American and an Italian flag with the words "Proud to be Italian American" above the flags. The tag states" Fruit of the Loom; Heavy Cotton; Size XL" (extra large).
- Item 2: Army Coat, circa 1940s
- World War II United States dress uniform for an enlisted man. The jacket is olive drab in color. It has rank patches on each arm for the Technician Fourth Grade. On the left arm is a U. S. Army Serive Forces Shoulder patch (a blue star on a white ground with an outer red ring). There are also hash marks. Each gold mark is awarded for every six months serive overseas. Each green hash mark was awarded for every three years of satisfactory service. The chest is decorated with two bars of awards with six starts and one bar attached. There is also a blue fabric pin held in a rectangular leaf decorated pin. The buttons have an eagle insignia.
- Tag Number: 2228a
- Item 3: Italian Flag, undated
- An Italian flag of green, white and red. It has a tag that reads, "Made in U. S. A."