Pat Colonna Collection, 1953-2016 | Manuscripts
By Rachel Motes, Catherine Keenan, Perri Hamilton
|Title:||Pat Colonna Collection, 1953-2016|
|Arrangement:||This collection is arranged into three series reflecting stages of Pat Colonna's life. Each series is further arranged by subject.|
|Date Acquired:||04/07/2008. More info below under Accruals.|
|Accruals:||2011-011, 2016-032, 2018-049|
|Access Restrictions:||This collection is not restricted.|
|Use Restrictions:||Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Special Collections department. Copyright restrictions may apply.|
|Physical Access Note:||Portions of this collection are stored off-site and require a minimum of 24 hours notice prior to use.|
|Acquisition Source:||Pat Colonna|
|Separated Materials:||In addition to archival material, books were donated and are available through the UNT Library Catalog.|
|Related Materials:||The Portal to Texas History, a free online gateway to Texas history materials, has scans of articles written by Pat Colonna. For more information please see http://texashistory.unt.edu/.|
|Preferred Citation:||Pat Colonna Collection, University of North Texas Special Collections.|
|Finding Aid Revision History:||An accretion was processed by Catherine Keenan on 4/24/17, with additions to Series 3, Box 11 and Series 4, Box 17. An accretion was processed by Perri Hamilton on 2018-09-11, with additions placed in Series 2 Box 3 and Series 4 Box 18.|
Browse by Series:
- [Series 1: Pat Colonna],
- [Series 2: Professional Papers],
- [Series 3: Peace Corps],
- [Series 4: Yoga Denton]
- Series 1: Pat Colonna
- Box 1: Papers
- Barcode: 600749
- Folder 1: Births, Marriages, and Deaths
- Contains information regarding the dates of family births, marriages, and deaths.
- Note: The only information recorded are (1) the births of Patricia Lou Colonna and her younger brother Henry Melvin Colonna, (2) the marriage of their parents, Henry Peter Colonna to Lenora Mildred Gillespie, and (3) the death of Henry Melvin Colonna.
- Folder 2: Primary Education at Bells Elementary School, May 28, 1953
- Contains Pat's Bells Elementary School commencement information and certificate of completion.
- Folder 3: Secondary Education at Bells High School, Autobiography
- Contains an autobiography assignment done by Pat that supplies information about her family and early life.
- Folder 4: Secondary Education at Bells High School, May 24, 1957
- Contains Pat’s high school diploma.
- Folder 5: Post-Secondary Education at Rutherford-Metropolitan School of Business, 1957-1958
- Contains Pat’s diploma for the Business Administrations course as well as a special scholarship certificate.
- Folder 6: Engagement and Wedding, November 1, 1963
- Contains information about Pat’s engagement and wedding to Kenneth “Ken” L. Fake.
- Folder 7: Resumes, 1958-1998
- Contains resumes created by Pat throughout her life.
- Folder 8: Concerning Employment, 1958-1991
- Contains information about recommendations, employment, and resignations.
- Folder 9: Correspondence of Interest, 1964-1966
- Contains correspondence from Kitte Turmell to Pat.
- Note: Kitte Turmell was a journalist known for her famous quote, “Happiness walks on busy feet,” and for her syndicated column called Teen-agers.
- Folder 10: Pictures of Interest
- Contains photographs of and a picture by well-known individuals. All items are either signed or have writing on them.
- Item 1: Sam Savitt
- A printed illustration by Sam Savitt with a written message to Pat from Sam; “Best Wishes Pat – Sam Savitt.”
- Item 2: Terry Nation
- A photograph of actor Paul Darrow, as Kerr Avon from the British science fiction television series Blake’s 7, signed by Terry Nation to Pat; “To Pat/Love/ Terry Nation/ For Avon.”
- Note: Terry Nation is known for the creation of the Daleks, extraterrestrial villains seen in the Doctor Who series.
- Item 3: Ray Charles
- A post card of Ray Charles that is signed on both sides under a “Musically Yours” stamp; “RAY CHARLES.”
- Item 4: B. F. Maiz
- Note: B. F. Maiz was a former North Texas State University Poet-in-Residence.
- Item 5: Gene Krupa
- A photograph of Gene Krupa behind his drum set with a written by Gene Krupa to Pat: “To Pat/ Most Sincerely/ Gene Krupa.”
- Folder 11: Family Photographs
- Contains Pat’s family tree told through photographs.
- Note: Photographs are of her grandparents, parents, step-father, ex-husband, and her two sons. Additional photographs of Pat that were taken throughout her life are included as well.