Jasmine Rudd Burks Collection | University of North Texas Special Collections
By Mandi McMillan
|Title:||Jasmine Rudd Burks Collection|
|Arrangement:||Organized according to material content and subject.|
|Date Acquired:||03/00/2016. More info below under Accruals.|
|Repository:||University of North Texas Special Collections|
|Acquisition Source:||JoAnn Burks Boyd|
Browse by Box:
- Box 2: Green Jacket and Cap
- Barcode: 642107
- Item 1: Green Jacket Cap, circa 1925
- One green and white striped beanie with green turned up sides and back and a green button on top. There is writing on the leather band around the interior of the cap. The name "Rudd" is at the back of the leather band.
- Item 2: Jacket, circa 1925
- A jacket worn by members of the Green Jacket organization. The Green Jackets were a spirit and service organization at the University of North Texas. They worked registration, blood drives, among other activities on campus. The jacket is green with white trim, two large white buttons, the letter "T" on one side, and an eagle patch. The trim is stained and the jacket has holes in it.
- Item 3: Pin, 1925
- One brass pin decorated in the center with an eagle with his wings spread wide; below is the date (1925) and above a rectangular bar with "Green Jackets" on it.