Anna Cue Cofield Collection, 1919-1921 | University Archives
By Perri Hamilton
|Title:||Anna Cue Cofield Collection, 1919-1921|
|Primary Creator:||Anna Cue Cofield Sepan (1902-1960)|
|Arrangement:||The arrangement reflects the order in which the pages were kept in the scrapbook.|
Browse by Box:
- [Box 1: Anna Cue Cofield Scrapbook]
- Box 1: Anna Cue Cofield Scrapbook
- Barcode: 708091
- Folder 1: Scrapbook Leaf 1, no date
- Both sides of this page have clippings attached. They were cut out so no newpaper name(s) or dates were visible. They cover a range of material from poems to information on the school. Some of the titles are: "The Lost Clapper of the Curfew Bell," "Suggested Don'ts," "And Then Some More on Bobbed Hair," and "An Essay on the Average North Texas State Normal College Man."
- Folder 2: Scrapbook Leaf 2, no date
- One side is blank and the other side has clippings of poems.
- Folder 3: Scrapbook Leaf 3, no date
- One side shows Miss Cofield's photographs of friends gathered at a pic nic, posing at Club Lake, and on campus. The second side has a collection of cheers and songs for the Normal, poetry, a tag for the Young Womens Christian Association, and a limerick.
- Folder 4: Scrapbook Leaf 4, 1919-1921
- One side has a collection of tickets and cards that would have admitted Miss Cofield to Lyceum presentations, and a membership card to the North Texas State Normal College Tennis Association. The second side has the "Sprint Program" for the first, second and third grades.
- Folder 5: Scrapbook Leaf 5, no date
- Both sides of the scrapbook leaf are covered with clippings.
- Folder 6: Scrapbook Leaf 6, no date
- One side of the leaf has a program, "Ladies Columbia Symphony Orchestra," clippings reviewing programs presented by the Lyceum, and a clipping on Paul Althouse, an opera tenor. The second side has nine black and white prints of gatherings of students, students on a buggy, and a woman posed near the Mailn Building.
- Folder 7: Scrapbook Leaf 7, no date
- One side of the leaf has a clipping which is a greeting to the students from President Bruce and 4 prints. The prints show the gazebo covered in vines, the library (now Curry Hall) with a buggy parked outside, the manual arts builing, and Main Building. The second side of the leaf has nothing attached to it.
- Folder 8: Scrapbook Leaf 8, no date
- Both sides of the leaf are covered with clippings. Two clippings give the results of athletic events, one gives the costs of living in a boarding house, the others seem to have been saved for their entertainment value. There is one photograph of a small boy.